Laid down the busa - paint advice needed

ankurv

Registered
Hi Guys,

I laid down my 03 busa in the californian eastern sierras last saturday - the bike has scratches on the left fairing and the nose fairing. I had a few questions that I was hoping you guys could help me with :

1. Is the only way to fix this is to replace the parts or could I paint the bike to hide them?

2. If painting is an option, how do I take care of the scratches that are prtty deep?

3. Any specific paining techniques that you could givce me pointers on would be great - are the fairings fiberglass or simple plastic?

Its a silver and grey 03 Hayabusa, if it helps.

thanks

Ankur

PS: I am extremely appreciative of trhe 4 bikers that stropped and helped me get to the newarest town - you guys wree amaizng.

Sorry about the mishap. Wish the questions you are asking it might be easier/best for you to just replace the plastics or take it to someone to have it painted.

Sorry to hear about your bike but it sounds like you are OK. The fairings are plastic and need to be repaired as such. They can be fixed and painted, just ask around your area or your dealership to find a place to get them done.

Well..let us know your intentions. I'll have this front fairing for sale in the near future.

Picture shows decal but it was removed.

PM if interested.

hogger...

117_1716_r1.jpg

Sorry to hear about your bike - glad you're OK, though!

Thanks for all the advice guys - I really appreciate it. Will start fixing her this weekend by replacing the engine cover and the broken turn indicators.

will keep you guys posted.

-Ankur

You can fix the deep scratches. Sand it down. Fill the deeper scratches with finish puddy. Sand again and prime. Sand the primer with fine sandpaper, and repeat untill you have all the scratches filled. When you have it all smooth and primered, take it to a paint shop and have them shoot it.

Back