Laguna Seca trackday

mesmeralda

Registered
Its my first time at Laguna Seca and I know they are certain guidelines to follow there. One of them is the no coolant issue. I've heard of others running water wetter with distilled (?) water but does anyone know if they will let you run Engine Ice in you coolant system? Reading the label it looks like Engine Ice has not glycol based and should be okay.

Anyone with any experience?

thanks

(mesmeralda @ Feb. 02 2007,06:49) Its my first time at Laguna Seca and I know they are certain guidelines to follow there.  One of them is the no coolant issue.  I've heard of others running water wetter with distilled (?) water but does anyone know if they will let you run Engine Ice in you coolant system?  Reading the label it looks like Engine Ice has not glycol based and should be okay.

Anyone with any experience?

thanks
Who are you doing your track day with
rock.gif

Distilled water is always best...Water Wetter will lubricate the cooling system and aid in heat transfer to keep your bike cool.

Engine Ice doesn't cool as well as water wetter with water. Its advantage is that it doesn't freeze over.

It will depend on the trackday organization. Most won't let you run engine ice because it is just as hard to clean up as glycol based coolants. Water wetter and water are easy to clean up.

Forget the engine ice. Distilled water + wetter both on and off the track. The REAL problem at Laguna is the 94db sound limit. The sound booth is located on the uphill portion of the back straight just about where you will red-line 3'rd gear. Three passes over the limit and your done for the day. You must have minimum 6" numbers on three sides of your ride so that you are easily identified by the noise Nazi's. Good luck.

(newmill @ Feb. 02 2007,20:05) Forget the engine ice. Distilled water + wetter both on and off the track. The REAL problem at Laguna is the 94db sound limit. The sound booth is located on the uphill portion of the back straight just about where you will redline 3'rd gear. Three passes over the limt and your done for the day. You must have minimum 6" numbers on three sides of your ride so that you are easily identified by the noise nazi's. Good luck.
90-92 DB's....noise booth is just past the exit of turn 5. They can also run a portable monitor
wow.gif

Let's go ride it with a Bergman.

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

+1 on Waterwetter/Distilled water

Forget the Engine Ice idea. Most orgs who ban engine coolant will consider Engine Ice just as bad as coolant.

Back