Laguna Seca on a Busa with Rossi-esque pass at the Corkscrew

Dookoo

Registered
This Friday the 13th I did a track day at Laguna Seca with the Busa. I already posted some pics but here's a couple laps around the track. It was a fun filled day. My friend with the GoPro was on a Gixxer 750. I stayed on it a bit too long on the outside before the Corkscrew and when I got up top, realized that I was way off position and decided to do a little off road excursion. Still showroom stock except the addition of the Yoshimura slip-on incentive (EPA).
[video=youtube_share;PRyhKB-MmNA]http://youtu.be/PRyhKB-MmNA[/video]

It looks good from here :dunno:

Very cool video, and nice save! Are you still on the stock tires? BT-015?

that blind s turn gotta be terrifying on a bike. i know its already scary in a car.

I still dont have the stones to keep it pinned past the top like some. The speedo read 152 the one and only time I was brave eniugh to look down.

Nice video. Never been there, but have watched so many Moto GP races that I knew what to expect watching you run it! How long have you been track riding? You instantly composed yourself after the run off and turned it right back on.

Nice video. Never been there, but have watched so many Moto GP races that I knew what to expect watching you run it! How long have you been track riding? You instantly composed yourself after the run off and turned it right back on.

I've done track days on and off since 2009. I don't do very many but taking a class with Doug Chandler and reading Twist of the Wrist carefully gave me some insight. I like how you noticed I got back on the gas. First, I slowed down and raised my hand to apologize to Sam, who I just passed, but when I heard him downshift and get back on the gas to pass me, it was on like Donkey Kong. So fun.

Way to go Marquez! It looked to me like you were riding the pants off that Busa! I'd LOVE a few TEAM GIXXER Laps on that track!!

So taking the dirt trail must be the new race line - soon everyone will be doing it :laugh:

There used to be a multiple 5" deep drain gulleys that they don't have anymore. That would put an and to such maneuvers but it would make it very dangerous.

Looked good to me, well one exception, the camera man was having trouble keeping the subject in view :laugh:

Way to go Marquez! It looked to me like you were riding the pants off that Busa! I'd LOVE a few TEAM GIXXER Laps on that track!!

Dookoo a la Rossi and Marquez - the pro's even run off the track prettier. Way to stick with it though! Ice water in the veins :)

No Sh*t! That 750 had his hands Full! A Lot of people don't realize the power and speed of a Hayabusa...Nice Job Man!:thumbsup:

I wish I could ride that well.... I wouldn't know what to do with a track that smooth either...

Back