Labusas

I won't be there, so this question wasn't directed to me. I feel compelled to give my opinion tho.
For what it's worth.

Why the hell WOULDN'T you want to ride with LaBusas members?
Kinda lumping everyone into a group, aren't ya?

Little bit of stereotyping happening here?

Maybe a little bit of predjudice goin on??

WTF?

I'm a member of SEVERAL boards and I find the question pretty offensive!
OK, I read all the comments, and now must respond. Brother, you have a serious chip on your shoulder...kind of worries me. But just in case i said something wrong, let me take a closer look at whether you are making any valid points.

1. "Why the hell WOULDN'T you want to ride with LaBusas members?"
Well, that was my question, now wasn't it?

2. "Kinda lumping everyone into a group, aren't ya?"
What group would that be? Nothing derrogatory was said about Labusas. The question was designed to find out whether anyone had any ill feelings toward Labusas. Funny, nobody seems to have a problem. So, perhaps you jumped the gun.

3. "Little bit of stereotyping happening here? Maybe a little bit of predjudice goin on??"
What stereotyping? Predjudiced against who? Who said that all Labusas members are anything? I will answer that for you...no one did! No one lumped all Labusas members into any particular category. Don't assume predjudice simply because the question was raised! You need to wait for the answers. Again, I think you jumped the gun, and obviously made some assumptions about my personal feelings...which by the way, I haven't revealed yet.

4. "I'm a member of SEVERAL boards and I find the question pretty offensive!"
If you find the question offensive, then you are too sensitive. Perhaps you should have either asked why I asked the question, or waited to hear the responses before you shot off your cannon. Perhaps you should have thought about the fact that there are plenty of motorcycle accidents caused by idiot riders trying to do stupid stuff. Now most of us haven't met in person, but I feel a lot more comfortable with .org people because I have been talking to them for weeks, if not months. Did you ever consider that some people might be a bit apprehensious about riding with a large pack of people that they have neither met, nor talked to before? For example, did you catch the fact that Flying Swan's group usually don't allow people to ride with them who haven't taken a riding course?

And, let's face it, it is common knowledge that the culture at Labusas is different from the culture on this board. I didn't say better. I didn't say worse. I SAID DIFFERENT!  The debate over the pros and cons of Labusas can be held elsewhere. But I believe my question was a fair question to ask, just to make sure that everyone in OUR group was cool with the idea of potentially hooking up with them (people they don't know).

Consider this:
If it wasn't my desire to try to hook up with them, I wouldn't have asked the question in the first place! Its not like there are a whole lot of people trying to coordinate things for this trip. Furthermore, everyone who responded seemed to be in favor of the idea.

So, I propose that you jumped the gun, and made some incorrect assumptions.

But I ain't mad at you...just had to set the record straight.

Peace,
Thinker

Thinker, time for you to change your avatar man.
biggrin.gif

Ok Thinker,
It's all good.
I don't think I jumped the gun, But you say I did.
I want no ill feelings with anyone on any board.
Like I said, I didn't mean to take over your thread. Sorry!!

No chip here Bro!!

I think everyone here has been lumped into groups before and hasn't liked it.
THAT was my main point.

Please continue on with your question, I won't interrupt again.

Ok Thinker,
It's all good.
I don't think I jumped the gun, But you say I did.
I want no ill feelings with anyone on any board.
Like I said, I didn't mean to take over your thread. Sorry!!

No chip here Bro!!

I think everyone here has been lumped into groups before and hasn't liked it.
THAT was my main point.

Please continue on with your question, I won't interrupt again.
I have been lumped into groups before, so I know where your coming from...but its doesn't happen much on this board, which is why 99% of the responses were that it is cool to hook up with Labusas. The way I figure it, the a$$holes won't want to hook up with us, so it will all come out in the wash, as they say.

I am going to contact them as well as the other Busa groups. Again. since I not in charge of anything, I didn't want to go off half cocked speaking for the group. Now I know I can.

Thinker

Thinker62,

Just stay away from White Power...
Oo.gif
Ouch!

There are several Labusas members with names like that and applicable attitudes. However, those people won't like us and won't want to have anything to do with us. The seek out their own kind.

Plus, I find that people talk a lot of crap when you can't see them over the internet. In real life they keep their mouths closed and don't cause any trouble.

We will have a good time without incident.

Like we say here : " Wow lau lau, cool yo jets! "
in other words relax, take it easy, we will all I have fun at Seca. And whatever everyone wants to do I'm in! Its all new to me so I am excited!
jump9.gif

Thinker, I think you have some very valid points. And hey we appreciate the fact that you are going through all this work trying to organize this trip.

Thinker,
I will have to go see the LAbusas crowd. I have some friends over there. Heck Big Gar was ready to fund the closing cost on my house just to get me in. There are some lets say people we don't agree with there but it is the internet where anyone can be a bad ass. Hope to see you at Laguna!!

Marc "Howlin Mad"
devil.gif

Thinker,
 I will have to go see the LAbusas crowd.  I have some friends over there.  Heck Big Gar was ready to fund the closing cost on my house just to get me in.  There are some lets say people we don't agree with there but it is the internet where anyone can be a bad ass.  Hope to see you at Laguna!!

Marc "Howlin Mad"
devil.gif
I'm down with that. Just waiting for responses now.

Howling Mad...I need your e-mail address the one I had bounced back.

Thinker my email has changed. I will have the new one up and running this weekend. Sorry it got bounced back my brother.

Marc

Back