Kz-900 sleeper bike

NIGHTFLIGHT

Banned
This bike ran a 9.42 @ 142mph @ memphis prostar.
Dont judge a book by its cover!!!!

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

Beware of old kz-900 +1000 still a few that are stalking busas.

Atlanta2009020.jpg

8.90 s/c bike
IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

The old Kz are not something to mess with! Ive seen some very scary outlaw Kz's take some big wad's of cash, on closed highways!

They're hard to find too...expensive if you do locate one, even if it's in a box. LoL

I wouldnt thought that 1 could run that.
but if you look it does have extended swingarm+bigblock
Freind mine has old kz1000 the paint job would make you sick @ your stomach.
Wire spoke rims (but does sport 8 1/2 inch slick).stock swingarm extended 6 inches.
He has some funky looking old dirt bike fairing on it.
But he spent some $$ on the cylinder head ported polished , bigger valves.+1200 13/1 race only wisco pistons. he gets 1.35--1.39 short times runs 9.20 you wouldnt think it till he started it.
Starcycle sidewinder header so you can hear motor real well.

looks like some mean harleys showing up try grab that $4500 t/f $$ @ prostar.
Darn those harlys 1st they want the nhra $$ now there infiltrating prostar!!

IMG_0782.jpg

Last edited:
Like the seat? Duct tape.:laugh:
Im wondering how he got thru tech.
THat tape holding his brake master cylinder on?
Mabe he bribed them or they just felt sorry 4 him. :rofl:

I know 2 beware of some those old 2 cycle dragbikes show up @ prostar.
some those old chainsaw sounding things are fast.

SOMETIME NOT THE BIKE BUT RIDER MAKES THE DIFF

Atlanta2009064.jpg

Had a KZ-1000 years back. It was definitely a sleeper and I showed quit a few folks the taillight.:laugh:

He did it @ test +tune.
They ran test+tune friday.

AMA DRAGBIKE has reluctantly cancelled the Memphis Spring Nationals today. We expected Friday to be rain out but it turned out to be a great day of racing. Over night the track was soaked with persistent rain and thunderstorms. Today the rain is falling with no end in sight. Sunday morning shows a possible window of 4 to 6 hours of potential racing time but even that isn't guaranteed.

IMG_2903.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

Theres another old kz900 8.90 class s/c

IMG_0539.jpg

Last edited:
I talked 2 his brother over on psyco bike he said it has gone 6.09 1/8th mile. :bowdown:

He did go 9.42 @ memphis test session friday.Several people were talking about it on prostar site. You can see bigblock +big carbs+lockup clutch.Hes prob got oversized valves in it.I think 418 lift is biggest dropin cams 4 it.I know is 4 a gpz he prob had the head cut 4 some bigger cams.
My buddys old kz looks would make you sick @ your stomach.
But he has bigger stanless steel valves +pro gas style cams+1200cc 13/1 race only wisco pistons+ported+ polished head +36 flatslide carbs.It runs 5.90 1/8th all day I could prob buy it 4 $2,500--$3000 bucks.

It was the bike in the early '70's. The Z1 from memory was the bad of the bad Kawi 900's

Back