kws motorsports or lee's performance

jjc1800

Registered
hey fellas im looking to build a motor for my 08 busa, and i was wondering which one of these places to take it to to get the work done.looking to do a heads, cams, and pistons package.

I don't think you can go wrong with either of those shops. :thumbsup: What kind of price are they quoting for the build...?

Wow that is a tough question. They have both built me several engines each and they have all been bad ass engines.

They are always my top choices everytime I have a Suzuki to build for sure. If I were you I would base it on something like distance, time to complete the engine, price, etc.

Either one will take care of your 08 like it was theirs and build you a bad ass bike. Enjoy !!

Don

My experience with KWS was HORRID!!!...NEVER again in a million years!!!....As have also a couple other reputable people I know of...Unless your willing to sign a Blank check and be ok with it being written for 20k or so....Good Luck!!!

Rodney Williford in Durham,NC. 919-599-3435 This guy does all, engine work, dyno tuning.

My experience with KWS was HORRID!!!...NEVER again in a million years!!!....As have also a couple other reputable people I know of...Unless your willing to sign a Blank check and be ok with it being written for 20k or so....Good Luck!!!

KWS had an article in 2 wheel tuner mag saying 240 hp for 5k, i called and spoke to Kelvin himself and the article states it in stages, so my question to him was that since i already have stage one done( Brock's pipe and power commander) that to get the rest of the work done would be minus stage one price and he said it would be the same price and he could sell me the stuff for that price but could not do the work for it. I have not called them since and would go elsewhere and advise everyone else to do the same. If you are not writing a blank check like previously said GO SOMEWHERE ELSE there are plenty more builders that are not out to get you.

Suggest you call Greg at HPC - a site sponsor

hey fellas im looking to build a motor for my 08 busa, and i was wondering which one of these places to take it to to get the work done.looking to do a heads, cams, and pistons package.

I'm really shocked to hear all of these negative things about KWS. They used to be so much more customer focused back in the day. I guess as time marches on some companies grow to big and loose their focus.

I just had a 1143 built there last year on a GSXR1000 and got nothing but the very best of service both before and after the build.

I can see no change in anything today vs the first time I went over there in 2001 to get a GSXR1000 cam install done.

Kevin and the shop manager Chip are both first rate in my book

Don

Back