Kudo's to Shoei

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
I purchased a new Shoei helmet a couple months ago. Great helmet and a good fit. The rear clip for the right side cheek pad seems to pop out every time I remove the helmet. I dropped Shoei an email this morning explaining the issue. Within an hour I received a response, send us your mailing address and helmet size and we will send a set of cheek pads that doesn't use the rear clip.

I responded and ask if they would send the next size thicker cheek pad. I got an immediate response "No Problem"!

I tip my hat to Shoei. Not only do they make a superior product but the customer service was first class!

Thank you Shoei! :thumbsup:

I could not agree more about the quality of Shoei's customer service. When I bought my RF-1000, the cheek pads were way too thick. I gave Shoei a call to see about buying new ones, but instead they offered to send me a thinner set of pads and prepay return shipping on the others. Very friendly and very professional.

That helmet saved my life just over a year later. I wouldn't hesitate for one second to buy from them again. :thumbsup:

They are SO close to perfection! I like the fit on my head (wind noise could be better) but the shield system has to change. After owning an Arai, I can't stand the clicking shields and the RF-1100 I have is one of the worst. Needs more "lock" places to be good. I rarely wear it due to that fact only. Sucks too because I really like the helmet.. :down:

I have 2 so far (RF-1000 and X-11) and both are easily my most favorite helmets (of the handful that I own). :thumbsup:

Shoei is all I have worn since 1985. I know many swear by Arai, but Shoei will always be my helmet of choice. On my third X-11 right now.

I've experienced similar customer support from Arai. I own a Shoei and an Arai. I'm more of a Arai fan, but they are both top shelf with great customer support.

They are SO close to perfection! I like the fit on my head (wind noise could be better) but the shield system has to change. After owning an Arai, I can't stand the clicking shields and the RF-1100 I have is one of the worst. Needs more "lock" places to be good. I rarely wear it due to that fact only. Sucks too because I really like the helmet.. :down:

You know Bots, I felt the same way. I bought an RX12 Matt MLadin special for track use and loved the helmet but thought why in the hell would Shoei make such a nice helmet and make the first open click on the face shield with a half inch opening. I hated it! UNTIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! some dummy showed me how to turn the lock on the left side in the opposite direction and "Bingo" the shield was cracked open just like the one on my arai helmet.

Not sayin yous be slow Bots, just sayin you and I is in the same boat! :banghead:

My cheek pad does the same thing....

I'll let you know how the new pads work. Appears to me the snap design may not have worked out as planned.

Strange that the left one never pops out but the right one always pops out?

Maybe you have a malformed head. Mom ever tell you that you got dropped a time or two?

Want to try a Shoiei but I like the transition sheild from Bell too much, not the noise though.

I'll let you know how the new pads work. Appears to me the snap design may not have worked out as planned.

Strange that the left one never pops out but the right one always pops out?

My Shoei did exactly what it was supposed to do...when I wrecked the R6 and landed on my head, I ended up with only a mild concussion and no lasting head trauma.

Back