Ktm 1190 rc8

05 Busa LE

Donating Member
Registered
Saw one at the NYC show; pretty awesome looking bike. Here's a pic from the website:

KTM 1190 RC8 35.JPG

Fantastic looking bike! But every ride report I've read, unanimously agreed, it was one of the most uncomfortable bike they'd ever been on.
That seat definitely doesn't look like "sport touring" material.:laugh:

Fastrackriders dot com is holding a trackday THIS WEEKEND at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana on the 2.3 mile AMA Course. KTM sponsors fastrackriders' events and will be having free demo rides of the RC8, on the track, to all registered trackday attendees. It's pretty tempting, and if they're not sold out, I may do the event just to test the bike.

My buddy is a KTM finatic, what little I have learned from him is they are sometimes "overengineered" , like some german things are.

His oil change on his KTM Adventure is much more involved, tiny mesh screens that need to be replaced or cleaned. I think the Japanese are experts at "keep it simple"

Well, I don't know much about it other then what I have read here and there but I do like the styling. It would probably make a great track bike.

Hey to all,just to share some info about this bike with you all.My friend sold away his busa for this.Its damn light,a good track bike.His is the orange and black.Very light.You basically do not need to do any brake,suspension,damper upgrades.All is fully done up.I was tempted to buy 1 too.:laugh:

Back