Knocking crank,busa turbo project?

pxr5

Registered
I've been offered a good ( I think ) deal on a busa that was run low on oil, its knocking.
The owner swears that the oil light came on then he topped it up, but after a few miles it started to knock.
Question is, can i assume that a crank & rods will fix it?, I quess the cams head journals are next to be damaged? It does run with no smoke. thinking that it would be good for doing a built motor, rods pistons etc......

You never know until you disassemble the motor!

I think you are right. If I had to do over again, I would have done the same minus one that already had a turbo in it. Just get a busa stock with a rod knock, pull and rebuild the motor with an ultra kit. Course I would still have had to go the swing arm, shock, datalog, wego, air shifter, transmission, all that ****. No, no affordable way to go about it. Just a less expensive way. But then again, all those bikes are going to have stuff wrong with it besides the rod knock.

When buying something like that it's better just to assume the whole engine is trashed, and then negotiate the price around that. That way if it is a total loss, you're ahead of the game money wise.

Thanks for the input, the owner in the end agreed to sell it for decent money ( decent for me), so a nice start for a tubo project.....

Back