knocked of my busa saturday

busaprince

Registered
bought my busa only 7 days ago, went out on it a few times and friends called me up to go on bike ride, jumped on bike and went to meeting point. spent all day on country roads winding roads and then hit the highway. just 10 minutesfrom home and a stupid (want to use stronger words but refraining from it) just changed lanes and hit me...wtf.

went straight into barrier, both sides of bike trashed. leathers ripped to shreds as i surfed the tarmac. gravel rash all down left side. when i finally came to stop got up and looked for bike. then saw her all battered and bruised.

insurance cost over 4.5k to put her right. fortunately she mechanically fine,

watch out for ALL DRIVERS.... they are ALL stupid and ignorant.

my baby gonna be out of commission for over 5 weeks. but will give me time to get new kit and recover from injuries.....

be careful out there my busa buddies

good to hear you are okay. Same thing happened to me 10 minutes after purchasing my 09 Busa. Insurance spent over 4k to replace plastics.

Everyday I see these stupid drivers changing lane without even looking back or putting turn signal before hand. Worst thing, most of them change lane right in front of us, not giving us any room to slow down.

man i cant believe it, only 10 minutes, you must of been PISSED big time. when things like this happens i just wanna drag drivers out of car and give them a beating to remember so next time they will look twice think 3 times before making moves.....

main thing is that you are okay.... bikes can be fixed

take care out there buddy

tell me about it..i was ready to kill :D ...but when i saw it was a 16 years old girl, obviously i couldnt use all the colorful words I wanted to use...but was definitely furious for letting these kids get driving license and cause wreck on road.

cops and other driver who witnessed the accident and stopped, were telling me how lucky i am to walk away alive out of a bike wreck...but we all bike lovers know we dont care what happens to us when we see our beloved busa lying down on road all scratched n damaged.

Wow glad u are ok.
I don't do much interstate riding but if I have to I stay clear of blind spots and don't ride next to cagers. If I pass I do it fast with room to move if I have to.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wow, I am just glad you are posting. I rode my bike to work every day last week and every day on my way home, someone wanted my lane worse than I did. Every day someone merged into me. Thank goodness I was watching them and the only thing that happened was me passing them on the right giving them the "your number one" sign as I went by. Only 3 of the 5 saw me after the fact and and at least acted like they were sorry. Burns my butt.

man i feel your pain.....just downed mine last week.....lol surprised we haven't come up with a downed busa support group:rofl: at least everyone lately has been ok

Hey glad your ok! Not your fault at all but as motorcyclists we have to try and protect ourselves at all times. For the new riders, STAY OUT OF PEOPLES BLIND SPOTS or if you can help it stay away from the sides of cars. Be alert at all times! Get out of high traffic spots. Sometimes I trigger it to get myself in clear spots with much less traffic. We all have spots where we almost get hit but try and prohibit it bY putting yourself in the best riding position as possible.

I try my very best not to ride in a blindspot, or beside a car; either get behind it where you can take immediate action, or in front of it....not alway s possible.

thats so true, first thing we do is jump back up (even if it hurts) and scan for the bike...."where is she, where is she?"

glad you weren't hurt too bad.

They should have to give you a renter bike while yours is down.....they would if it was a car.???

I know what your saying. We only take up 4 sq ft of space on the road you would think they would let us have it. I have noticed free ways have waives of traffic (provided you aren't on the 405W parking lot :rofl:) I must admit quickly move through the pack of cars, yes cars have pack mentality- more on that later. When I find that space between packs I stay there.

Back