King American trailers?

They use what they call American Brand Axles. 99% of the industry is Dexter. I would question that. Might be fine, not sure.

Anyone used them? If so do you like it? Thinking about a 6x12 vnose. Will a 3500lb single axle be ok for 2 bikes?

They use what they call American Brand Axles. 99% of the industry is Dexter. I would question that. Might be fine, not sure.

+1 could be nothing but Dexter's are the standards I've seen.

Check the busa hauler section, lots of links for where people have bought and what.

You should be fine with the single axle for 2 bikes the better question is what will you haul it with?

Dexter Axles are made in OKC, OKlahoma a 6 x 12 with a v nose would be fine for 2 bikes.....here is a picture of my 6x12 it has tandem axles but is a little heavy because of the polished stainless steel exterior ........one thing to remember keep an eye on the tongue weight of this size trailer it is very important to keep the tongue weight correct. I would really want to use adjustable wheel chocks so you can change the bikes according to load......and the trailer must of course be hooked up to the tow vehicle when loading.

Trailering Equipment - kieth's Photos

click through the first 5 pictures and then go to the next page for some loaded shots..

Thanks guys for your input. I'll post on the busa hauler section. Thought it might get more replies here

You are going to get the same amount of replies no matter what section most likely. If you bump the topic by posting on it then more people will see it

Whatever you do, dont cheap out on the chocks, get Baxleys!! First hand experience with Zukracer last spring.

What makes them so much better? I cant seem to make myself want to spend that much....

Much better build quality and materials. They have a wider stance then the cheap ones too. Its worth the $200 bucks to keep your baby upright and the peace of mind too. The other ones we used didnt wanna "rock" backwards to release the bike, it was a huge headache.

baxley_sport_chock_800.jpg

Last edited:
Much better build quality and materials. They have a wider stance then the cheap ones too. Its worth the $200 bucks to keep your baby upright and the peace of mind too. The other ones we used didnt wanna "rock" backwards to release the bike, it was a huge headache.

Im just going to bolt one to the floor if i get one so stance doesnt matter...

I just cant see spending so much... ahhhhhh i dont know what to do!

I think i will buy the harbor freight one and if it doesnt work to my liking then i will pay the money for the baxley...

Im just going to bolt one to the floor if i get one so stance doesnt matter...

I just cant see spending so much... ahhhhhh i dont know what to do!

I think i will buy the harbor freight one and if it doesnt work to my liking then i will pay the money for the baxley...

Ummm... thats the one that didnt work. PLEASE,PLEASE buy a Baxley, I dont wanna see a thread from you....My bike fell :(

Ummm... thats the one that didnt work. PLEASE,PLEASE buy a Baxley, I dont wanna see a thread from you....My bike fell :(

Didnt work how? ??? I saw a post where this one guy used plasti dip on parts of the harbor freight one and helped it alot. And when im transporting it it will definitely be ties down to 4 points regardless

Didnt work how? ??? I saw a post where this one guy used plasti dip on parts of the harbor freight one and helped it alot. And when im transporting it it will definitely be ties down to 4 points regardless

PM on the way, we're jackin this thread like crazy:whistle:

Yea, I've got a question about the Baxley chock. How does that thing stay put when you use tie down straps on the bike? I have the handle bar straps that I use and can't see how that thing is going to stay put in a moving trailer without being attached to something?

I have to agree 100% about the harbor freight wheel chock. I have personally witnessed it falling apart on two occasions! I would NOT get one of them.

The only problem I have is I want something attached to the trailer. I like that the Baxley can be used in the garage but I'll leave it to you guys that have one to put me at ease about using it in a trailer.

The HF ones were bolted to through the floor in 4 places. Worked fine for the haul but when we tried to get bikes out, they didnt want to release the wheel. Had one rip the bolt out of the floor and finally got the bike out without any issue to the bike but it was a PITA

The baxley, two bolts into the floor and tada. Thing is so stable, I have 2 and never have a moments issue with them. They have one for the trailer and then the sport model. The sport allows for use when its not bolted down. I drive in/out of them with no issues and dont even put the kick stand down when I get home :thumbsup:

There's others out there like the condor and perhaps we could have mounted the HF ones differently but they just do not seem like a good long term thing. Would work for very very infrequent use I guess...I think these had the bikes in/out of them under 10 times before there was an issue. I've had mine in and out of the baxley literally 1000x of times.

Last edited:
SOLD!! I'll be purchasing one directly. I've wanted the convienence of using it in the garage and being able to bolt it in the trailer.

Thanks for the heads up on that.......Dual purpose use, hmmmmm ???, may not be such a bad price after all. :thumbsup:

SOLD!! I'll be purchasing one directly. I've wanted the convienence of using it in the garage and being able to bolt it in the trailer.

Thanks for the heads up on that.......Dual purpose use, hmmmmm ???, may not be such a bad price after all. :thumbsup:

If you only have sport bikes get the baxley, you will never look back. If you have other types of bikes, get the condor, the front wheel is adjustable for size. You can go down/up vs the baxley only will hold up to I think a 130 front tire where the condor holds 150-160 (road king type). They are both about equal just figured I'd toss it out there for the same $$$

Back