Kinda wierd emails

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
I have been getting a number of emails from overseas asking about my old bike for sale ( which is allready sold and I posted that ... )

They allways say someone else is involved which has no relevance to me, and they are asking for my info, Name, address ... but not the vin numbers, seems kinda like part of the rip off scheme... what do you guys think? And why should one not post pics of license plate numbers? What could a crook do with that?
rock.gif

Here's a recent mail :

Hello,
I am highly interested in buying your{motorcycle frame
} i want to know the prices and pics for it . i have a client that is
owning
me sum of amount of money and i told him that i want to purchase. he
said
that is going to make the payment for it and within 10 working day u
are
going to receive yer money pls give me the following info so that i can
get
my business pathner contacted so that he can send the money and also i
will
want u to know that my shipping agent is going to take care of the
pick
upso pls give me the following info
Full name......
Address.......
Zip code.........
Country.......
Phone number..........
City........................
Pls mail me back if u still have for sale

I would report that to the local authorities, def a scam!
mad.gif

You would be surprised what they can look up on you with that information.  I would just send them some bogus info to piss them off and let the police know.

Josh
cool.gif

P.S.....I wish they would start hanging the bastards doing that crap!
mad.gif

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110463764 -->

mad.gif

License plate # + fee at motor vehicles gets you a copy of the registration.
Is your SS# on that form?
Home address and everything else is probably.

I dont know sounds like legit info...when your spending wads of cashe dont you want to know who your buying from and a number where you can reach them....hell teh address and stuff are all atainable on the internet anyways. Dont really think its a scam, just email him and tell him its sold

I dont know sounds like legit info...when your spending wads of cashe dont you want to know who your buying from and a number where you can reach them....hell teh address and stuff are all atainable on the internet anyways. Dont really think its a scam, just email him and tell him its sold
Yeah Sam, I allready emailed him it's sold but I have gotten about 4 emails like this in the last 2 weeks and they are all from U.K. and their typing english is poor, even worser tghan mine ...
tounge.gif

Hey Hawaii,

Just a heads up. NEVER NEVER show your plate number.  With it, one can get your home address, at a minimun.  If one has your home address and name, one can get other relavant info like SS number, drivers license number ect. It can easily lead to identity theft, which is a real drag.

Yeah Sam, I allready emailed him it's sold but I have gotten about 4 emails like this in the last 2 weeks and they are all from U.K. and their typing english is poor, even worser tghan mine ...
tounge.gif
Oh dont know what to tell you then

You seem to be a magnet for the odd emails and requests lately, don't you?
rock.gif

I'd NOT give 'em anything...don't even reply...sounds like an identity theft ring or something...

Did you get my PM Kent? Where I tried to send a link to pics? Did I even send it? Help a blonde out...it's been a helluva week!
wink.gif

I would report that to the local authorities, def a scam!
mad.gif
I've gone to a couple scam calls involving bikes, and usually ebay (big shocker there). There isn't a whole lot we local coppers can do. The Department of Justice website has a link to report international scams of this sort, that would be the best place to report it.

I'll scrounge through my work stuff and find the link and post it up for everyone.

Monty

My suggestion... never give out your address or reg number to anyone whome you are not sure of!

It is a scam, I had probably the same damn person try and buy my jetski from me. I'll make it short, they sent me a check from England but it was issued in New York, turns out that I played it safe and deposited it but didn't spend it. 7 days later the money was not in the account. The bank didn't even exist. I kinda figured it was fake because I was asking 1200 for the ski, but he sends me 5000 to cover the shipping costs...right. Then he wanted me to send the rest of the money back to him. People like that is the reason why I believe in the death penalty. Because had I not played it safe and just cashed the check and shipped the ski and then sent the cash back to him. Not only would I have been out the ski but the very repore with my bank and oweing them a pretty good sum of cash and he gets extra money.

ROTFL... Ha ha...

Sounds legit? OK, Here's a simple yard stick folks... If a Mother Fugger can barely Type, you do not do business with em', simple. I mean we could all avoid 99% of these internet and email scams if we just fuggin ignore these semi sentient fuggin senseless messages and emails. ESPECIALLY when they are acting for a "friend" or a poor relative, or lost millions...

They are either too stupid to be trusted, or they are overseas trying to jerk you off...

So, don't give out ANY information without a warm a fuzzy first, simple damn rule. Oh and yeah, keep the plates out of pictures, They can get our address, your name etc. from your plates. That information could be Damned handy to Bike theives, and/or COPS, both of which you should avoid.

Aight Tony we get the scope of it.

"HIM",.
Sounds ligit to you eh? bikes already sold so why would he still need the information? Also if someone owed ("OWNED") you money why would you tell them what your buying and how much. Gimmie my shytt and lemme buy what I wants.

JD

Here's another one :

Hello,
Am a businessman from the U.K, Am interested in your (bike) to be sold, I found it by chance while surfing the web and I became strongly interested and decided to buy it but I know I must contact you initially the salesman before something can be done what I want you to do for me is now pls confirm if it is still for sale or not by mailing me back and if it is stil for sale I will like you to pls send the last price/offer for it to me and also some pix of him so that I can update you with my method of payment when I answer you again ok, pls mail me back as soon as possible so that we can begin this transaction.
Best regards.........
+4407040111496
bb_manuel@fsmail.net

Business man? yeah, what kinda biz!

Back