Kinda disappointed?

Geoff

Registered
I'v been to the track running my 12 busa and can only get a 6.12 @ 119mph out of it in the 1/8 mile. Stretched, lowered and also strapped with a shinko hook up -1/+3 on the gearing. I was really hoping to run in the 5's. What do you guys think about more seat time maybe? I have made about 40+ runs and average 6.20's while running multiple 6.1's

6.12@119.jpg

Have you unleashed the ECU ? The secondary flies are terrible from the factory IMO

93 octane is what the bike was tuned with, and I weigh right at 200lbs unsuited

you can get in the 5s with your weight and set up.Just work on the 60ft. pour in some vp MR12 fuel it will help also.
i went 5.92 at 64"wb 240lbs on a gen1 busa with cams only the rest of the motor was stock. made 176hp on dyno.

Try MR12, cut seat, brick, short stacks, ceramic bearings, etc..etc..

You are close just need a little more work... :beerchug:

Next year I'm going to find an evil swing arm for some weight lose and may get a few other things to loose some weight off the bike and maybe a retune... Would like to take it to Johnny.. But, I'm in NW Florida and he is in Texas

Next year I'm going to find an evil swing arm for some weight lose and may get a few other things to loose some weight off the bike and maybe a retune... Would like to take it to Johnny.. But, I'm in NW Florida and he is in Texas

Look up Walter Sprout. I'm not 100% if he is on this forum or not but he is in fl and one of the best in the business. You may look at hardcore arms too they seem to be fairly reasonable too

Keep practicing. That is all you need. Your setup with your weight will run in the 5's no problem. I've got a similar setup bike, and it currently goes 5.7's and I'm 215 out of the shower. Hit me up as I'm not too far from you. I have friends that run at Breakaway and I've only been as far south as Dothan at Cottonwood. We will have to make a race some time.

Hell yeah man, Breakaway is my local track. It's about a 30 minute ride for me, I ride the bike there, run it and ride it home :)

I usually run at Montgomery. My buddies from Dothan go to Valdosta quite a bit. Check out Cottonwood and Breakaway on FB, they are trying to put some bracket programs together for next year too. Should be some good racing. My bike is getting a make over all winter, but I'll be back down that way before too long. If you ever head to Montgomery let me know.

Back