Kids today

mr8ball

Registered
You know it is so sad how stupid kids are now days. Last night the wife and I go to KFC to eat. A few people in line and some young girl working taking orders. Seems she was lost with everything everyone told her. So it's our turn we order 2, #1 combos. One grilled and one extra crispy. Pretty easy right? We have to tell her 3 times in a matter of 20 seconds. Now here is the good part. The order comes to $11.53. My wife hands her a 20 and me being me yell, I have some change :laugh:. I give the girl 53 cents and then she pulls out a napkin and a crayon (No kidding) and starts doing the math :rofl: After she get it all figured out she opens the drawer and pulls out some change and then starts to count to bills. I finely told her look you only owe me 9 dolor's back. She looks like she got mad at me :banghead: I run into this all the time with these kids. Our country is really in trouble if they are not learning any better then this Lord help us :please:

You know it is so sad how stupid kids are now days. Last night the wife and I go to KFC to eat. A few people in line and some young girl working taking orders. Seems she was lost with everything everyone told her. So it's our turn we order 2, #1 combos. One grilled and one extra crispy. Pretty easy right? We have to tell her 3 times in a matter of 20 seconds. Now here is the good part. The order comes to $11.53. My wife hands her a 20 and me being me yell, I have some change :laugh:. I give the girl 53 cents and then she pulls out a napkin and a crayon (No kidding) and starts doing the math :rofl: After she get it all figured out she opens the drawer and pulls out some change and then starts to count to bills. I finely told her look you only owe me 9 dolor's back. She looks like she got mad at me :banghead: I run into this all the time with these kids. Our country is really in trouble if they are not learning any better then this Lord help us :please:

that sucks you pay with cash and receive units of pain in change..... :poke:

i hear ya, at the same time i get aggravated at people that have to count the change back. it says on the screen, i watched you take it out, i know how much im receiving, stop wasting my time with the sesame street counting

you got her all confused with giving her 53 cents.. she has not been trained that way..:laugh:
sad but quite a few around my work are the same way.. they call it no common sense..

She only owed you 9 dolor's and it took a crayon to figure it out? Why didn't the register do the math for her?

It happens when you let them hit the $20.00 button, then tell them you have the change. The computer tells them the change from the 20.....so there brain freezes when you throw a wrench into it.......then out comes the crayons:laugh:

Yea, most of them nowadays can't do the simple change thing, confuses the crap out of them for some reason. If the register don't do it for them they go into brain freeze, especially if you give them some odd change after they ring it up. Same thing if you place an order for something special and there's no button to push! It's like "Excuse me Manager, like how do I ring this up, there's no button" or they look at you like your stupid because you asked for something different. :rofl:

We raise 'em pretty stupid nowadays :whistle: It's all that damn technology rotting their tiny brains, making them unable to think for themselves, and Mommy and Daddy tend to wipe their butts until they're 25...

Sad... :banghead:

She only owed you 9 dolor's and it took a crayon to figure it out? Why didn't the register do the math for her?
It happens when you let them hit the $20.00 button, then tell them you have the change.
I did this and do it right often on purpose :laugh: just to see if they can handle it

Just saying :D

Seriously though, I'm with you. Some of the youth these days boggle my mind man.

I learned to count change when I delivered Pizzas.

Make one mistake there, and all your tips are gone for the night!

Later, I worked at a full service gas station, and he refused to set the register to make change. He wanted kids to learn how to do it on their own

That's funny i see it too.. I go to a pool league each week, and one bar the girl gives me even change no matter what, lol.. the last bill was $10.68, I give her a $20 bill she gives me $9.50 back.I say hey your shorting yourself, she says it's eaisier than counting out the correct change.. I'm like why work for free, at the end of the night you used part of your tips to pay my bill..I know it's only $.18 but do it 20 or 30 times a night and that adds up..

It's not just kids pretty much anybody under the age of thirtyfive or so, who never counted back change is stumped. In the good old days when you paid for 5.38 for something with a 20 the clerk would count back the change. .2 is .40, .60 is 6.00, 4.00 is 10.00, and 10.00 makes 20.00.

The nice thing was they gave you the change first allowing you to put it in your pocket, then the bills and lastly the receipt. Now, because everyone counts out the change that the register tells them they start with the bills, stack the receipt on the bills and then the change on top of the receipt making for a slippery stack you have to separate, which I often spill.

Just one of my grumpy old man pet peeves. :banghead::laugh:

cheers
ken

Back