Kids on the back

Yep, 11 y/o can reach the operator pegs.....

<!--EDIT|rOtuN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151084329 -->

st1.JPG

this is a major contraversy with every one i talk to. there is no 1 answer. i think we each need to make that choice ourself. i figured this topic would have a ton of responses. thanks. i hope it helps someone to make a decision in the future.

I guess i'm a bit different. Having grown up with motorcycles and being a miracle crash baby, mom and dad in a crash while she was 9.5 months preggy with me semi truck tried to run them over at a stoplight, its in my blood and evidently it rubs off on step kids lol!!! My littlest,3, rides around on "Big Daddy's Boosta" on the tank around the neighborhood. While my oldest, 6, rides on the back. I am thinking about suprising him and picking him up from school lol.

Yes helmet and gear! A MUST TO TEACH THEM!! I had a hard time finding a youth helmet to fit him. Seems not a dealership had helmets for youth and looked at ya funny when you requested it. However, one day we found some and so he understands now he will be able to ride only if he is properly geared up! Man i love this addiction!

emily.jpg

is there actually something called the buddy belt? I too am 290lbs and it is hard for my youngest two to reach around me. I have the Corbin back rest but it would be better if there was something better for them to hold onto than my SMALLLLLL waist. lol

I had a guy say he just used an oversize belt, but if I am already a 42 to 44 waist, where do you get a belt that is big enough to still work as a handle?

any advice, pics etc would be helpful

Check out a snowmobiling site or 2 I am from Maine thats where I got mine basically it goes around you and has 2 handles for the passenger to hold onto but its big enough if your child is small enough to wrap around you and him/her. I liked this for the fact it help my daughter to me my biggest fear was that she would fall off half asleep or something silly.

If you think you risk your life every time you throw a leg over your bike you either need to move to a better place to ride or consider another mode of transportation. If I was that scared to ride my Bike I dont think I would ride my daughter needs me I am a single dad. I know there are some additional risks but I really dont feel in my area I am risking my life to ride.

Back