Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chicken Little

• Other

• Total voters

BrianKesler

Registered
Since so many people on here have kids, im sure we've all seen the movies. I think my personal favorite is Finding Nemo, what about everyone else?

I like 'em all, but I think Shrek was the first to really make things amusing for adults...
biggrin.gif

Finding Nemo is great and Madagascar cracks me up every time too...
laugh.gif

I like them all too, but didn't see my favorite, "The Goonies". Just a all round feel good movie.

We don't have kids but mine is "The Little Mermaid," hands down.

--Wag--

We don't have kids.. but we have TONS of kid movies.
biggrin.gif
Monster's Inc is my fave...

ice age, cant wait to see part 2, uh i mean cant wait to take my daughter to see part 2
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Got to go with Madagascar. Too many good lines in that one.
smile.gif
I can't count the number of times my girlfriend and I have used the "I have devised a cunning plan..." line after seeing it.

tough one. no kids here but most of those are my favorites. I woul dpick ice age, nemo and toy story but sinc eI could only pick one, I put toy story. but the others are equal in my book

I voted for Shrek, but I have to add that Shrek 2 was my favorite. The jury is still out on whether or not it was really a "kids" movie.

For me, I like Shrek 1 & 2. For the kids, I like Lion King because it's not afraid to tackle some deeper issues of life, while being a very entertaining movie at the same time

My Neighbor Totoro

Here is a cut and paste from a web site that tells about one of my favorite kids movies. It truely is fantastic and Disney has now bought the rights to it.

"My Neighbor Totoro is probably my favorite movie of all time. Considering my love of animation, that's saying quite a bit. Hayao Miyazaki is a well-known Japanese director and has produced many films of astounding quality (like Kiki's Delivery Service and Princess Mononoke), but I think that Totoro is the greatest thing he has ever done.

The more I watch this movie, the more I like it. It's so visually appealling. It's obvious that a lot of care was taken with the animation. The backgrounds are stunningly detailed and the characters always look so friendly and inviting. I think it's a truly gifted person who can make a giant, growlly "monster" come across as a lovable, fuzzy "friend."

I would easily call Miyazaki a genius in his medium.

I know that some people take fault with Miyazaki movies because the characters (across the different movies) tend to look the same. Personally, I don't think it's all that awful. Miyazaki's people look like real people. They have normal proportions and normal features. No Barbie-syndrome (big breasts, small waists, impossibly long legs) in his films. It's a nice change of pace from other anime or cartoons where the *girls* are given Jessica Rabbit's body...

The story is not be as deep as his other works - Totoro is aimed at a much younger crowd than than Mononoke or even Kiki's - and yet there is *something* there that defies generations. An adult can take as much joy away from the film as a toddler. I suppose it's because the story is layered. You can watch Totoro as a "face-value" storyline, but if you look you see that there's much more to it.

The setting is timeless. Because the movie is set in the country and the characters don't spend time watching TV or shooting at each other, you don't really notice that the story isn't taking place in modern-day. Somehow, the film is able to focus attention away from extraneous, ephemeral things like clothes or technologies and refocus attention on the story. The family lives in the country - necessary for the Totoro part of the story - so that could account for some of it. But, I'm not sure that's the whole answer.

Perhaps the timelessness is partly because the characters have real-life relationships with each other. Relationships that anyone can relate to. No-one is from outer-space or another dimension. Even the totoros - as fantastic as their existence is - seem plausible in the face of all the normalcy. --And that's something else I like about this movie. No-one ever told Satsuki and Mei that the Totoros weren't real. The girls talk to their father about it and even write their mother. But neither parent tries to cheat the girls of their childhood. To me that's one of the most important lessons the movie has to offer: the importance of childhood and imagination.

I, for one, never found myself doubting that the totoros were anything but 100% real. And yet, in such a "realistic" movie (by "realistic" I mean the human characters, interactions and setting) that seems a bit odd. I suppose it's debatable whether the Totoros are real or imaginary. In the end, I don't think that it is important. Whether Mei did sleep on O Totoro's belly, whether O Totoro made the seeds grow, whether Cat-Bus helped Satsuki find Mei, whether any of the magical things actually happened, in the end what was most important was that the girls were able to come together and support each other during the tough times."

You all need to check it out.

Paul

just got home from a night out with the family seeing ice age 2 . worth the$ kids loved it.

My Neighbor Totoro

Here is a cut and paste from a web site that tells about one of my favorite kids movies.  It truely is fantastic and Disney has now bought the rights to it.

"My Neighbor Totoro is probably my favorite movie of all time. Considering my love of animation, that's saying quite a bit. Hayao Miyazaki is a well-known Japanese director and has produced many films of astounding quality (like Kiki's Delivery Service and Princess Mononoke), but I think that Totoro is the greatest thing he has ever done.

The more I watch this movie, the more I like it. It's so visually appealling. It's obvious that a lot of care was taken with the animation. The backgrounds are stunningly detailed and the characters always look so friendly and inviting. I think it's a truly gifted person who can make a giant, growlly "monster" come across as a lovable, fuzzy "friend."

I would easily call Miyazaki a genius in his medium.

I know that some people take fault with Miyazaki movies because the characters (across the different movies) tend to look the same. Personally, I don't think it's all that awful. Miyazaki's people look like real people. They have normal proportions and normal features. No Barbie-syndrome (big breasts, small waists, impossibly long legs) in his films. It's a nice change of pace from other anime or cartoons where the *girls* are given Jessica Rabbit's body...

The story is not be as deep as his other works - Totoro is aimed at a much younger crowd than than Mononoke or even Kiki's - and yet there is *something* there that defies generations. An adult can take as much joy away from the film as a toddler. I suppose it's because the story is layered. You can watch Totoro as a "face-value" storyline, but if you look you see that there's much more to it.

The setting is timeless. Because the movie is set in the country and the characters don't spend time watching TV or shooting at each other, you don't really notice that the story isn't taking place in modern-day. Somehow, the film is able to focus attention away from extraneous, ephemeral things like clothes or technologies and refocus attention on the story. The family lives in the country - necessary for the Totoro part of the story - so that could account for some of it. But, I'm not sure that's the whole answer.

Perhaps the timelessness is partly because the characters have real-life relationships with each other. Relationships that anyone can relate to. No-one is from outer-space or another dimension. Even the totoros - as fantastic as their existence is - seem plausible in the face of all the normalcy. --And that's something else I like about this movie. No-one ever told Satsuki and Mei that the Totoros weren't real. The girls talk to their father about it and even write their mother. But neither parent tries to cheat the girls of their childhood. To me that's one of the most important lessons the movie has to offer: the importance of childhood and imagination.

I, for one, never found myself doubting that the totoros were anything but 100% real. And yet, in such a "realistic" movie (by "realistic" I mean the human characters, interactions and setting) that seems a bit odd. I suppose it's debatable whether the Totoros are real or imaginary. In the end, I don't think that it is important. Whether Mei did sleep on O Totoro's belly, whether O Totoro made the seeds grow, whether Cat-Bus helped Satsuki find Mei, whether any of the magical things actually happened, in the end what was most important was that the girls were able to come together and support each other during the tough times."

You all need to check it out.

Paul
Never heard of it
rock.gif

Shrek fan. Hey Rub, werent you called the "White Shrek" by that flathead runner?
biggrin.gif

You should have put The Wizard of OZ on the list. That's the best kids movie of all time. From the list I voted Shrek.

Back