Kids in Movies, RANT ON!

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Ok so to preface it is your not my business what movies you let your young children see.
If you want to bring them to a violent blood riddled flick at age four fine ok that's your perogative.
But if they are going to be unruly, loud and walk all over the theater than I get upset.
Capts signature comes to mind.

So back to our story. Saturday wife and I go see World War Z at 10:30.
Small local theater, approx fifty folks there for the show. About a dozen of them had young kids with them. Lady next to me had a 3-4 yr old girl in her lap who fell asleep shortly thereafter so no problems there. But folks across the way had two young kids one boy and other a girl. Both would not sit still, would not shut up and kept walking all over the place flipping seats up and down and calling for daddy from across the theater. Wtf? Once twice ok maybe they will get control but no it got to the point to where I could not enjoy the flick!
Now again if you want to subject your kids to blood, guts and violence of this magnitude that's your business but when you bring your kids to a movie any movie and let them walk around and disrupt the place I get pissed. Wife kept ahold of my arm and was saying let it go let it go blah blah blah.

I was pissed!

A few weeks ago I saw Epic with my six yr old son. Theater was filled with kids and none were quiet.
Ok fine at a kids movie but at 10:30 at an adult oriented film it's not acceptable to me.
I look over and both mom and dad had given up, were eating popcorn and totally ignoring their kids? Wtf?

I sent an email to mgr and got a couple free passes already but still it's just totally disrespectful when people don't seem to care they or their kids are making it impossible for you to enjoy yourself.

Rant off....

Get up and find the manager. You will not only get free passes but that couple will be asked to leave. A win, win!

Went to see ironman 3 this weekend with the wife. Been out a while so not many in the theatre. This theatre has the newer seats with plenty of room. Jack@$$ behind me goes into full recliner mode and can't keep his feet off the back of my chair. After a few pushbacks and turnarounds where he didn't get the hint, I just stood up and stared at him. He gives me this look like "What?" I sat back down and no more problems. Being 6'4" and 250 lbs helps a lot in these situations.

Our country now lacks a basic sense of civility toward others. Doing my best to raise my boys with that sense and have been successful so far. Wish other parents would do the same but most of them don't have it themselves so it will only get worse.

Get up and find the manager. You will not only get free passes but that couple will be asked to leave. A win, win!

Couldn't do that for two reasons.
One I was scared to leave me seat as the movie was tense.
And two I didn't want to miss anything :laugh:

And the already spoken third, the Cuban Dragon wouldn't turn me loose. :)

1st disturbance, I'll glare until they see I'm unhappy with what's happening. 2nd, ill ask em nicely to be quite and settle down. 3rd time, I make a scene and and ruin the movie for all of us, Ive seen me do it. :whistle:

A few years back, 4 buddies and I went to see a movie, my seat got kicked by some girl 3 times, I followed my own rules and the 3rd time, I stood up, turned around to tell the girl (19-20) to stop kicking my @%&!ing seat. Her BF stood up to to say something right as my 4 buddies stood up. He apologized, shook my hand and we all enjoyed the movie from then on. :laugh:

Cant stand that, if you cant control them don't bring them. It annoys me if I'm out in public and the kids are all over the place, when my kids were little I had none of that, I gave them the look and any non sense ceased.

I was at the movies in Highlands Ranch, and a kid was kicking the back of the chair of the lady sitting 5 seats down from me, the lady turns around and asks the mother of the kid, "can you have your kid stop kicking my chair" the lady just looks at her. Kid starts doing it again the lady gets up turns around and says "look you brat stop kicking my dm chair" The mom says "don't talk to my kid like that" next thing I know these two ladies are going at it all out brawl. The funny part is people in the theater went into Jerry Springer mode and started yelling "Your a bad Mother, your a bad mother!" :rofl:

No one takes the time to show their kids how to act in public anymore. It's a free for all out there now. What about sitting at an eating establishment and a child is standing on the bench messing with you over the back of the seat?

Ok so to preface it is your not my business what movies you let your young children see.
If you want to bring them to a violent blood riddled flick at age four fine ok that's your perogative.
But if they are going to be unruly, loud and walk all over the theater than I get upset.
Capts signature comes to mind.

So back to our story. Saturday wife and I go see World War Z at 10:30.
Small local theater, approx fifty folks there for the show. About a dozen of them had young kids with them. Lady next to me had a 3-4 yr old girl in her lap who fell asleep shortly thereafter so no problems there. But folks across the way had two young kids one boy and other a girl. Both would not sit still, would not shut up and kept walking all over the place flipping seats up and down and calling for daddy from across the theater. Wtf? Once twice ok maybe they will get control but no it got to the point to where I could not enjoy the flick!
Now again if you want to subject your kids to blood, guts and violence of this magnitude that's your business but when you bring your kids to a movie any movie and let them walk around and disrupt the place I get pissed. Wife kept ahold of my arm and was saying let it go let it go blah blah blah.

I was pissed!

A few weeks ago I saw Epic with my six yr old son. Theater was filled with kids and none were quiet.
Ok fine at a kids movie but at 10:30 at an adult oriented film it's not acceptable to me.
I look over and both mom and dad had given up, were eating popcorn and totally ignoring their kids? Wtf?

I sent an email to mgr and got a couple free passes already but still it's just totally disrespectful when people don't seem to care they or their kids are making it impossible for you to enjoy yourself.

Rant off....

Agree with you it sucks, I probably would have walked out asked the manager for a refund, comp tickets for another time and date. On the bright side though those kids are going give to their parents hell as they get older. It's only going to get worse as they get bigger and then they won't be able to ignore them , if you can't get them to listen to you to at all now, you in for a rough ride mom and dad:laugh:

get plastic surgery to look like me and you'll be able to make small children cry just by glaring at them :lol:

I waited weeks to take my son to see Iron Man 3. He is only 3 but loves all things marvel. We went to a 3pm showing and there was 2 other couples besides us. he was good 2/3s then got bored and walked around the rows. he was not talking so I don't know if he bothered the other people. We waited for the buzz to die down so it would be empty.

I'm surprized Florida Law doesn't provide a statute for shooting the little bastids. :laugh:

You know...Stand your Ground/I'm watching a movie. Something like that.

I'll bet George Zimmerman would have fixed this little problem up...quik,fast and in a hurry too.

DIE MOVIE KIDS...DIE. :guns:

RSD.

Been to the theater about 10 times in as many years. And the only reason I go so FREQUENTLY is b/c my better half insist's for about 1 movie a year. Why do I not go to the theater very ofte?

At home, we always have the best seats in the house...
...and the best sound (at the ideal volume - not to loud, not to quiet)...
...no unruly kids trained by apathetic, incosiderate sperm and egg donors...
...there are never any cell phone convo's during critical portions of the movie...
...the seating doesn't stick to your butt...
...the floor doesn't stick to your feet...
...if the better half needs to use the restroom (and she always does), the pause button allows her to not miss a thing...
...and finally, and perhaps most importantly, it doesn't cost me $8+ per seat to listen to two cell phone convo's, three screaming kids and one chatty group of teens while I attempt to read the lips of the actors b/c 103db dialogue isn't loud enough to overcome the aforementioned inconsiderates.

Oh, and for less than the price of a single theater ticket we can watch a different movie every day on our time in our own home and without the need to take legal action just enjoy common courtesy in a public place.

Common courtesy - an oxymoron, more often than not. :/

i dont go to the movies why pay the price of one ticket when i can by the blue ray for the same price in couple months...

I only go to certain movies at the theatre when the sound and big screen make a difference or on a date with the wife. 90 percent of the time I wait for the Blu-ray also. I put a little money into a good 7.1 surround sound home theater. Samsung 55 LED, Sony receiver and Klipsh speakers. Maybe have $3500 into it and it has more than paid for itself in money I would have spent at the movies. When you figure 20 bucks a person minimum with popcorn and a soda......

Do what I do. Look At the parents and say "If you don't quiet down your paying for our tickets".

Back