Kidney stone...ouch!

Wow you get Morphine on script?!!

Different countries dole out the dope like there is no tomorrow...

So does it just hit you out of nowhere or is it something you feel coming on?
It hit me out of nowhere, I had no clue it was coming, no twinges or anything. I eat right and drink lots of water/juice regularly so this was a surprise.

I just got done supper and was sitting with the wife and all of a sudden a pain like no other hit my lower right side back, nothing to alleviate the pain helped so off to the ER I went. Each bump along the way was hard to take.

Boss lady did a little research and a kidney stone such as I have (4mm or less) can take 31 days to pass, the bigger they are the longer they take to get the heck out..

It also said drinking a mixture of olive oil and lemon juice will help break it down and help it pass...the article went on to say people who had sex 3-4 times a week had their pass quicker....I guess I'm waiting 31 days....

Boss lady did a little research and a kidney stone such as I have (4mm or less) can take 31 days to pass, the bigger they are the longer they take to get the heck out..

It also said drinking a mixture of olive oil and lemon juice will help break it down and help it pass...the article went on to say people who had sex 3-4 times a week had their pass quicker....I guess I'm waiting 31 days....
Maybe even longer . . .
Bwahahahaha!

It hit me out of nowhere, I had no clue it was coming, no twinges or anything. I eat right and drink lots of water/juice regularly so this was a surprise.

I just got done supper and was sitting with the wife and all of a sudden a pain like no other hit my lower right side back, nothing to alleviate the pain helped so off to the ER I went. Each bump along the way was hard to take.
Remember juice is not the same as fresh fruits. Most juice had been pasteurized to death. Eat whole
fruits. It will help.

Remember juice is not the same as fresh fruits. Most juice had been pasteurized to death. Eat whole
fruits. It will help.

You sound like a nutritionist or a dietitian….good advice and much appreciated.

I do both, drink juice and eat fruit/veggies, I don't know much about kidney stones (sadly I'm learning) but I do know how to eat/drink. I never heard of drinking lemon juice mixed with olive oil, my wife researched this from a medical site...ever heard of this?

You sound like a nutritionist or a dietitian….good advice and much appreciated.

I do both, drink juice and eat fruit/veggies, I don't know much about kidney stones (sadly I'm learning) but I do know how to eat/drink. I never heard of drinking lemon juice mixed with olive oil, my wife researched this from a medical site...ever heard of this?
I do a lot nutritional and chemical nutritional work. So I know quite a bit about how to fix most health issues. Yes the lemon does work but depends on the type of kidney stone. Two types of stone, comes down to how acidic or alkaline your urine is. In your latest urinalysis it will say urine PH and SG or specific gravity. That is a big indicator of stone formation. Low pH is bad, too high is bad too. I say best between 6.2 and 6.5 ph, anything above 7 is not good. Every .1 pH difference is double the acidity. So the difference between Ph7 and Ph6 is 10x, PH7 to PH5 is 100 times. As amazing as it sounds lemons even though are acidic create a alkaline environment in the body after being digested. If you want to know more about this kind of effect look up PRAL food guidelines. PRAL is potential renal acid load on the kidneys. Let's you know which foods will make you more acidic and which more alkaline.

I do a lot nutritional and chemical nutritional work. So I know quite a bit about how to fix most health issues. Yes the lemon does work but depends on the type of kidney stone. Two types of stone, comes down to how acidic or alkaline your urine is. In your latest urinalysis it will say urine PH and SG or specific gravity. That is a big indicator of stone formation. Low pH is bad, too high is bad too. I say best between 6.2 and 6.5 ph, anything above 7 is not good. Every .1 pH difference is double the acidity. So the difference between Ph7 and Ph6 is 10x, PH7 to PH5 is 100 times. As amazing as it sounds lemons even though are acidic create a alkaline environment in the body after being digested. If you want to know more about this kind of effect look up PRAL food guidelines. PRAL is potential renal acid load on the kidneys. Let's you know which foods will make you more acidic and which more alkaline.
Wow, that's a lot to...…………….digest.....:rolleyes:

Good info, thanks.

Major ouchie last night, ended up at the ER thinking I had a second stone, turns out it is the same stone only has moved to just outside the bladder causing urine to back up into the kidney..

Major pain...

Am drinking more water than a fish hoping to flush that sucker out soon.

Major ouchie last night, ended up at the ER thinking I had a second stone, turns out it is the same stone only has moved to just outside the bladder causing urine to back up into the kidney..

Major pain...

Am drinking more water than a fish hoping to flush that sucker out soon.
Did that to me too. It wasn't frightening as I knew it was a kidney stone, but it hurt just as bad.

Back