Kid 'calls out' a cop

lil charlie

Registered
So what do you guys think about this video? Did the police officer do anything wrong by parking there? Did he handle the child incorrectly? Was the kid wrong for asking about it or filming the response? I watch this and all I can think about is that this is what's wrong with todays youth, no respect for authorities (that goes for any adult in charge like a teacher or store manager). If that was my son he would have gotten an butt whopin' for the blatant disrespect. Kids today have no manners and its nobody's fault but their parents for not instilling them.

[video]http://www.nbcnews.com/id/21134540/vp=51799948&#51799948[/video]

Yeah Kids these days are disrespectful but he had a legitimate question. " why are you parked on the side walk" had that been you or I and we parked on the sidewalk the cop could have come buy and wrote us a couple of tickets...what good for the goose is good for the gander.

calls out cop for parking on sidewalk. - YouTube[/url][/MEDIA]

Try this one

Last edited by a moderator:
saw that yesterday, i know what the officer's thinking man just go away kid, then he's like video huh, uh oh...lol

It takes a minute to load....several things wrong with it but no reason to waste breath on it, it won't fix a darn thing...

Yeah Kids these days are disrespectful but he had a legitimate question. " why are you parked on the side walk" had that been you or I and we parked on the sidewalk the cop could have come buy and wrote us a couple of tickets...what good for the goose is good for the gander.

I get that the kid has a question but he went about it a the wrong way, filmed it and was a little smart arse about it. I don't know about you but I call that disrespecting an authority figure. Was the cop wrong for parking on the sidewalk..yep but it is not the kids job to question the man about it. I see in the very 1st few frames that the kid has a bicycle laying down on the sidewalk. I don't see the cop questing the kid on why he didn't use the back rack or at least use his kick stand so the bike isn't a trip hazard.

There are 2 things that I will not put up from my children

#1 Lying
#2 Disrespecting adults

I can deal with them getting in trouble (all kids do) but don't talk back to me or you're going to get a whoping for it. I see these punk kids talking crap all the time and I can think about is how lucky they are for being minors...and not my kids.

I always tell my kids to just fess up when in trouble. I can guaranty you that the punishment will be at least 3 times as bad if I catch you lying about it.

I get that the kid has a question but he went about it a the wrong way, filmed it and was a little smart arse about it. I don't know about you but I call that disrespecting an authority figure. Was the cop wrong for parking on the sidewalk..yep but it is not the kids job to question the man about it. I see in the very 1st few frames that the kid has a bicycle laying down on the sidewalk. I don't see the cop questing the kid on why he didn't use the back rack or at least use his kick stand so the bike isn't a trip hazard.

#1 Lying
#2 Disrespecting adults

I can deal with them getting in trouble (all kids do) but don't talk back to me or you're going to get a whoping for it. I see these punk kids talking crap all the time and I can think about is how lucky they are for being minors...and not my kids.

I always tell my kids to just fess up when in trouble. I can guaranty you that the punishment will be at least 3 times as bad if I catch you lying about it.

Yeah he was a smart A%S but two wrongs don't make a right. You notice how the cop backed off. He knew he was wrong. Kid was wrong as well. But you can put some of this blame not only on parents but this sorry and weak society we live in where if you beat(not to a pulp just a little butt whoopin) your kids you get DFS called on you and you go to jail. Can't discipline your kids like back in the old days. Heck if a neighbor saw us doing something wrong they would go upside our heads..and the parents would say thank you. Now you go to jail..Go figure

#1 Lying
#2 Disrespecting adults

teach your kids to be free thinkers. there is nothing wrong with respectuflly telling a adult they are wrong...when they are wrong

I don't think this kid was respectful when he asked why he was on the sidewalk. I teach my kids to speak up but I also teach them to respect adults. Children have no right to disrespect adults.

He might of been up there because it was a quick run in for a big gulp and the bike sinks in the asphalt, blah, blah, blah. Unfortunately you have to be an example, just part of the job. I always discourage those wanting a career in LE.

I don't think this kid was respectful when he asked why he was on the sidewalk. I teach my kids to speak up but I also teach them to respect adults. Children have no right to disrespect adults.

Well I guess we have to define disrespect. He may have had a small attitude but his words were not disrespectful in that he did not curse all call him names of any kind. He just asked a question. Some adults need to be questioned. This countries laws were written based on questioning authority.

First, I did not see the video; however:

I see children with 'attitude' all the time - their dumbazz parents think it's 'cute' - until the kid grows up into a young adult with the same attitude at them, the police, the school, etc. etc.

I watched an employee's grandchild be 'cute' and her and the mother both thought it was 'cute'....10 years later the kid's a junior reprobate that won't go to school, get job, smoke pot, etc. etc. - I gotta keep thinking "if they'd just snatched a knot in his azz when they had the chance"....they both whine and worry and I just keep my opinion to myself.

I will say for certain there is a lot of stuff I DIDN'T DO because I knew my Dad would whoop my azz if I did....

Nothing wrong with a respectful question and a 'teaching moment' answer.

You know. I sat back and thought about this one. I do see the smart ass tone of the kids response BUT....... Soo many kids these days are chicken **** punks and wont confront anyone even when they see bad things happeing right in front of them. In no way do I condone the childs demeanor in addressing the officer but I give him credit for doing so and having the balls to do so. Maybe one day this kid will wear a military uniform or public service and do something good with that courage.

Makes me think how quick a cop would be up my ass if I parked my busa on the sidewalk with all the street spots are filled up. Hell, even parking in the large painted areas in the local shopping center or big box stores has given me grief before. What they dont get is our bikes hide easily in those spots and I have seen people go to pull into them and slam on brakes and almost get hit cause it wasnt an empty spot after all.

I gotta say for the parents. have a talk with the young man about his smart mouth but dont take away his courage to stand up.

my useless opinion. kid could be a bit more courteous to an adult regardless if it's a cop or not but i agree with the kid 100%. the cop knows he is in the wrong but could give a rats azz about parking there because he probably assumed no one would call him out on it as he loads up with a monsta' coolata. clearly a double standard and not surprised.

I just watched it and did not see anything wrong with it. He ask a simple question. I don't think he ever sounded like a smart a:: at anytime. I am sure somewhere behind him was someone that put him up to it. (maybe his parents) What would have made it for me is if he would have called another cop and got him to write him a ticket for parking on the sidewalk. I feel sure this will get back to the city or county where it happened and steps will be taken. Like someone else said, Any one of us would have gotten a ticket for it so why should he be able to get away with it?

Back