kickstand lowering

BillD

Registered
anybody lower their stand after lowring the bike,? my bike sits kinda vert after a 2 inch drop
any thoughts?

Last edited:
Yes, it does help. I cut the foot off of mine, shortened it an inch, and welded it back on.

actually, there is a link here about the mod you do, DO NOT cut and weld kick stand, all you have to do is cut off some off the stop, and that will give you the lean you need as the kick stand will swing a little further forward.

Yes, it does help. I cut the foot off of mine, shortened it an inch, and welded it back on.

+1 Thats what I did worked great till I decided to put an undertail on it an had to raise it back up. So now it leans to much after I raised it back for clearence for the undertail.

+1 Thats what I did worked great till I decided to put an undertail on it an had to raise it back up. So now it leans to much after I raised it back for clearence for the undertail.

thats why if you just grind the stop down, and later raise the bike back up, you just build a little weld spot on the stop and you're good.

I lived with mine and was careful where and how I parked it. You can cut and weld, you can cold or hot bend, or you can buy and aftermarket adjustable kickstand.

I've got two kickstands, one for the street and one for the track. I was too cheep to buy one that you can adjust.

Back