Kickstand at trackday?? Need Advice

motochris

The artist formerly known as Chris75181
Registered
This last Sunday the track management looked at my busa after lunch...said one of the tower people heard me scraping the kickstand.. sure enough kickstand was shaved down a bit..he suggest I zip tie it...I showed him it was Not loose.
He said I should remove it..was worried I might high-side or something.
This is a stock kickstand and the bike has not been lowered.

Looking to see if anyone has had this problem at the track and what u did to fix it.
Also if I remove KS for track days what do I do with the kill switch (leave it an wire it?) Or how do I remove.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

I pull mine off and use the Baxley chock. Jump the switch to complete the circuit.

100_0577 (Medium).jpg

I would just zip tie it and use a chock. But how low are you getting bro, I can remember scrapping plastic and not dragging the kick stand. :bowdown:

Gen 1 or 2? I'd like to see the pic of you leaned over so far you scuff your stand on a gen 2, cause your plastics would hit long before...

ok...well I can remove KS when I goto track...not a problem..want to be safe.
Last time I went to this track a "controlled rider", whom I was following and would follow me reomended I take off the feelers on my stock pegs. so this time around I did that. Now the kickstand...this is a 05 Gen I

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

023.jpg

033.jpg

Anyone else have this problem.....?

Ok, I see your feelers scraped off (Which does happen); I sure would like to see a pic of your lean angle....

I would like to send $1 to the motochris needs a camera that focuses fund. Where do I send it.. I too would like to see the lean angle when u are hitting the KS.... Oh... In focus please.... ;)

1ibandit
88 ZL1000, 07 KaBusa
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would like to send $1 to the motochris needs a camera that focuses fund. Where do I send it.. I too would like to see the lean angle when u are hitting the KS.... Oh... In focus please.... ;)

1ibandit
88 ZL1000, 07 KaBusa

Chain looks good though! :rofl:

I took feelers off...the one on this side is a bit longer(last pic) and I am wondering if it longer because of KS....the best pics I have are in the latest thread of ECR track day 9-18....

Please dont take this wrong way, I know you ride well, but may I suggest you move your butt off the seat a little more thus reducing the lean angle? That sounds like you are really really low. If you start scrapping hard parts you are bound to low side at some point. I just hate to see you do that.

1ibandit
88 ZL1000, 07 KaBusa

Sorry guys probably was holding camera to CLOSE it was focusing beyond the KS.
..going track again on the 9th...maybe charles can give me some pointers, he seems experienced. I have video on gopro but not of me..... :-/

Please dont take this wrong way, I know you ride well, but may I suggest you move your butt off the seat a little more thus reducing the lean angle? That sounds like you are really really low. If you start scrapping hard parts you are bound to low side at some point. I just hate to see you do that.

Welcome any constructive criticism thanks James that's what a few riders around me told me (after I was warned about kickstand) so I focused the rest of the day on getting off the seat and shifting my head to the outside of the windscreen...this really helped cuz when my head moved my body followed....need to work on it plenty more...this only my second track day....thanks again

Before i started to move off the seat i scraped kickstand a couple times. Never took the busa on the track though.

That is the problem with video cameras....you can't be a rock star unless your buddy has one.

..going track again on the 9th...maybe charles can give me some pointers, he seems experienced. I have video on gopro but not of me..... :-/

I started tracking on my Gen 2 and would scrub the feelers every now and then when I started. My experience that first season got me off the bike and the knees are what should be used as your guide. Are you dragging pucks and hard parts at the same time? Hard parts on asphalt = bad times.
Welcome any constructive criticism thanks James that's what a few riders around me told me (after I was warned about kickstand) so I focused the rest of the day on getting off the seat and shifting my head to the outside of the windscreen...this really helped cuz when my head moved my body followed....need to work on it plenty more...this only my second track day....thanks again

Is this you?

Capture.JPG

Right before you take a pic, place your hand in front of the camera for a few seconds, that will help your auto focus to kick in.:thumbsup:

Raise the rear 1"!

I agree with the other post, just you butt off the seat as well as your torso. I also never had an issue at the track, but the rear was raised!

I started tracking on my Gen 2 and would scrub the feelers every now and then when I started. My experience that first season got me off the bike and the knees are what should be used as your guide. Are you dragging pucks and hard parts at the same time? Hard parts on asphalt = bad times.

Is this you?

Yep thats me.

Back