Kick stand switch

Suzuki locktites the heck out of this bolt almost put me out of comission for this weekend, went tot ake out the switch and the bolt broke off...luckily for me i had a spare.....they bike will definately not run...there is a mod cable available from Schnitz racing..but i dont reccomend this for street.

Suzuki locktites the heck out of this bolt almost put me out of comission for this weekend, went tot ake out the switch and the bolt broke off...luckily for me i had a spare.....they bike will definately not run...there is a mod cable available from Schnitz racing..but i dont reccomend this for street.

Exactly what happened to me last night. Went to adjust the shifter. Couldn't get the bolt back on that locks the shifter. The bolt that holds the kickstand switch in place was obstructing. Tried to remove kickstand switch bolt and the bolt snapped. I guess it's drill time.

took mine off my 02 (cant remember why, 3yrs ago).pretty sure I just spliced both wires together and it was good to go

I simply disconnected the switch and ran the electrical lines it to a "Secret Location" on the bike and use it as an anti theft deterrent! Turn the switch on and the bike starts and runs all the time. Turn the switch off and every time you put it in gear to run...it dies. Unless you know where to change the switch position...you go no where!

On my Banshee (07 CBR 600 engine) I just took two paper clips and plugged them into the connectors for the tip over and the kickstand! But I am a cheap A$$. Works perfectly though.

Thanks for the info guys. I ended up cutting off the kickstand switch and bridged the wires.

Last edited:
Back