Kia Stinger AWD GT2, anyone drive one?

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
I saw this one just over ‘the hill’ from me. Pretty color but the red interior isn’t so cool. Twin turbos, 375hp and almost identical torque from just off idle with an 8 Speed shiftable auto. A DCT auto would really raise the price. A year old used one like this with around 10,000 miles is around 10K lower than a new one. All the reviews seem to rave about its ‘hot rodness’. I like hot rods. :laugh:

I like the red interior. I have a Kia Optima and have been very impressed with their quality.

I like the red interior as well. There's a grey one I see regularly on my commute, I think they're good looking cars. Hot rod? Not do much. The one I see wanted to stoplight drag, so we did. Wasn't even close. Granted I drive a faster than average sedan, but you do too wuzza.....

I seen one the other day when I was out riding and talked to the guy about it for a minute. Have to say it wasn't bad looking and he said the power is ridiculous for being what it is.

I too am looking at a kia. I like the telluride sx.

2020_kia_telluride_review_1.jpg

I like the red interior as well. There's a grey one I see regularly on my commute, I think they're good looking cars. Hot rod? Not do much. The one I see wanted to stoplight drag, so we did. Wasn't even close. Granted I drive a faster than average sedan, but you do too wuzza.....

True enough but getting 18.5 mpg is a bit tiring, and expensive. Of course the fun factor having a blown engine has to be considered. :)

For that much money, just get yourself a used c7. They’re pretty bad under heavy loads and a few have already caught on fire. Kia was and will always be crap. This is a personal friend of mine, his car wasn’t even modded aside from intakes and z1 exhaust

B1874E90-4B74-4CAB-9F70-67568C98E2FD.png

021011A4-6605-4132-95C1-C7894B272216.png

3A7078B3-B941-49A9-84D9-7A06CC0D7943.png

76957EDF-C21E-42E6-ABAE-68BFA7798883.png

0FD67397-CB26-4EAC-BC54-256265B18877.png

51270EA8-816D-46A0-896A-4E89FC3ACEBA.png

For that much money, just get yourself a used c7. They’re pretty bad under heavy loads and a few have already caught on fire. Kia was and will always be crap. This is a personal friend of mine, his car wasn’t even modded aside from intakes and z1 exhaust

View attachment 1603930

View attachment 1603931

View attachment 1603932

View attachment 1603933

View attachment 1603934

View attachment 1603935

Sadly, this is not an isolated incident with only Kia cars...many other companies have had cars spontaneously start fire...some in garages when they were parked.

I know several people who have high mileage Kia and Hyundai vehicles with zero issues. They used to have the best warranty in the business, now other companies are catching up.

Agree! They are making some nice looking cars and some of my friends that decided to give those brands a try, seem to be pretty happy.
I know someone that has a Genesis sedan with the 5.0 engine in it...He had an Audi S5 before and says this car is as good or better than it was.

True enough but getting 18.5 mpg is a bit tiring, and expensive. Of course the fun factor having a blown engine has to be considered. :)
I feel ya on the mileage, but for me the size is what sold me. Poor mileage is a sacrifice I'm willing to make in order to have comfort and power.

View attachment 1603930

View attachment 1603931

View attachment 1603932

View attachment 1603933

View attachment 1603934

View attachment 1603935
While this is unfortunate and unacceptable, to think it's only happening to one automaker is foolish. Kia and Hyundai have come a long way in reliability, they rival anything coming out of Japan or Europe.

I feel ya on the mileage, but for me the size is what sold me. Poor mileage is a sacrifice I'm willing to make in order to have comfort and power.

I felt the same way when I sold my C6 roadster for a bigger, quieter cabin but with just about the same power. My Vette got better mileage but it weighed a thousand pounds less than my Caddy.

While this is unfortunate and unacceptable, to think it's only happening to one automaker is foolish. Kia and Hyundai have come a long way in reliability, they rival anything coming out of Japan or Europe.

It’s not the fact that this happens to any manufacturers, it’s more of the fact that the drive train can’t handle any stress aside from factory settings. There’s already so many blown turbos on jb4 alone, let alone FBO’d. I mean the new Infiniti VRs have issues too, but nowhere near as much as this. And they’re around the same price range but the Infiniti is superior in every way. The new supras are pretty close to price range too, same for c7.

It’s not the fact that this happens to any manufacturers, it’s more of the fact that the drive train can’t handle any stress aside from factory settings. There’s already so many blown turbos on jb4 alone, let alone FBO’d. I mean the new Infiniti VRs have issues too, but nowhere near as much as this. And they’re around the same price range but the Infiniti is superior in every way. The new supras are pretty close to price range too, same for c7.
You can't fault a manufacturer for their drivetrain not being able to handle more power than they designed it to make, you just don't buy them if you want to modify.
Comparison between the stinger and Supra or C7 misses the point, those are very different demographics. I could replace my car with a coupe, but I want room for 4 grown adults and 500+ to the wheels.

Back