Key on fan on, key off fN off

Quiksilver

Registered
So I'm having another problem with my bike. When I turn the bike on the cooling fans come on. I dont see any damaged wires. Any ideas

15623525714389160454943739398904.jpg

Providing your wiring loom is intact and never been altered or damaged, first thing to check is the thermoswitch operation, using a multimeter switched to resistance/ohms scale.
If the switch is testing as grounded at cold coolant temperature, it has a problem and replacement is the only option.
If the switch test shows it’s working within normal parameters, you will need to perform other tests, but it is most likely a faulty thermoswitch, first thing to check.

Good find!!
Very unusual to have a damaged harness in that location, obviously the insulation on the wires has bared, allowing the two wires to touch and by-pass the thermoswitch.
That is unusual, post a pic of the chaffed wires interested to see where it did it at. Must have been too many 200mph runs, wind causing harness to flutter,,, :D

Good find!!
Very unusual to have a damaged harness in that location, obviously the insulation on the wires has bared, allowing the two wires to touch and by-pass the thermoswitch.

Indeed it is. When you mentioned the wiring harness being in tact Nd undamaged I inspected everything. Everything looked ok at first glance well when I put it back together the fan did not come on. Had me scratching my head then I moved it and bam she turned on.

That is unusual, post a pic of the chaffed wires interested to see where it did it at. Must have been too many 200mph runs, wind causing harness to flutter,,, :D

Ive pulled my motor twice (long story) and the damage may have been caused then. not sure but that sounds like the coolest answer so I will go with it lol. I've spent quite a few hours redoing wiring that I've botched up before. It's all coming together finally. I can always count on the org you guys rock!

Back