key lost

smj

Registered
lost my ignition key and dealer here in iceland can´t make me a new one is there any way i can start my busa without a key (steering lock is on) and how can i get new key.

i dont know how to start it up without the key, but try to get a locksmith to make you a new key.I understand that your in Iceland so im not sure if you guys have that there. Once he makes a key make copies. or maybe purchase a new key switch at ebay

Do you mean an emergency remedy to get you home? I have one but will destroy the switch. see post above locksmith to cut key or just buy key= switch combo replacement

If its a european model which since he's in Iceland I bet it is the bike has an engine immobilizer chip in the key. Cutting a spare will only unlock it but not start it. Gonna have to order one from dealer or Suzuki with vin and hope it comes programmed?

The bike comes with two sets of keys, and attached to one is a small plate that contains the key code. If you happen to have it, that should allow you to get a replacement key. Otherwise, another possible option that I found from a search here on the Org. is to try and release the hump (that will require another search on the Org.) and take that lock to a locksmith to use as a template.

Back