Kelly Blue book trade value on 08.  WTF?

Busaman5000

Donating Member
Registered
Just for kicks I thought I would look up the Trade-in value of my K8 Busa. KBB quoted me about $6860 trade-in value. Are they smoking crack? How in the hell can the trade in be that low? KBB is worthless.
guns.gif

Trade in is always stupid.

You can sell this bike for at least 9 and probably more if gas keeps going up and up. The bikes might go up on the market because of the weak dollar and oil/gas costs for shipping.

I still cant believe that retail on a Busa was $11,999. Everyone thinks I paid like $15,000 when they see it and I tell them no. The GSX1000R is frickin close to the same price as a busa for my phat ass that was a no brainer.

Last year I had a 2007 FJR 1300 Yamaha and after 3 1/2 months wanted a sportier bike
again. I went back to the dealer I bought it from and two others to check on trade in
value. In 3 1/2 months (4,000 miles) it was worth $4,200 less at the best place.
$13,800 new Plus tax , title ,Registration

$9,600 trade in

I sold the bike myself and ordered a 08 busa (blue)

That seems about right. The dealer cost on an 08 is in the low $9's, so a used car or bike usually looses 20 to 30% once titled.

I had a guy at the gas station the other day admiring it and thought i paid around $25k for it. I laughed and told him "Try $42k loaded".
lol1.gif
He believed me!
rofl.gif

Just for kicks I thought I would look up the Trade-in value of my K8 Busa.  KBB quoted me about $6860 trade-in value.  Are they smoking crack?  How in the hell can the trade in be that low?  KBB is worthless.
guns.gif
Once you wheel something new off the lot the value drops like a shiny new brick. Especially trade-in value. I'm the guy that scoops up those almost new low mile bikes for 2/3rds the new price
laugh.gif
If your not sure you're gonna keep a bike long DO NOT buy it new.

Back