Keeps shutting off

cueball

Registered
Damn bike keeps shutting off while coasting to a stop. I have to dump my clutch to restart or if coasting too slow I have to push my starter button. Also when starting it for the first time after sitting a couple hours, its hard to keep it running. If I put the "choke" lever all the way down it does alot better but then Im waisting a lot of gas. Does anyone know WTF is going on? IDK if it matters or just a coincidence but I went prolly way too long between oil changes, but the first time this started happening was the day I changed my oil.

Can't imagine running over a little or especially changing the oil causing this. You turn the fast idle on to start the bike and then turn it off after warm up ? What year, how many miles on it ?

Check your idle. Make sure it is about 1100rpm. When it gets down to about 800 what your describing happens.
Posted via Mobile Device

You're "choke" lever is also just a fast idle lever since the 'Busa is fuel injected (no choke)
what you are doing by cranking that lever down is essentially just increasing your idle.
Just turn your idle up and you'll be golden. You are NOT hurting the bike or your fuel mileage by turning up your "choke" lever though..

:beerchug:

Agreed, check your idle and raise it to 11 to 1250 and you should be ok.

Thanks guys, yea I know its not a choke just didnt know what it was called since it is injected. but its an 04 with 27K on it. and I didnt figure the oil change had anything to do with it I just figured Id throw that out there. purely coincidence Im sure. but I will check my idle when I get home. Thanks:bowdown:

Thank You for this thread and the advice given to correct the situation!! I have been having the same problem lately with the bike dying coming to a stop or sitting at a light and it struggling to stay running after sitting for a period of time. This morning after filling the tank it acted like it did not want to start, it just kept cranking! I opened the fast idle lever and she roared to life. After reading this thread I noticed my own idle was sitting below 1000r, I adjusted it to the recommended setting and the idle is smooth and strong again!:thumbsup::bowdown:

wow this happens really often to people. if u guys don't already know gen I's don't have to lift the tank to adjust the idle and put some lock tight on the idle adjustment screw to keep it from backing out again. this is the 3rd post about this in 3-4 weeks, should be a sticky. just search idle problems, or idle and you will see how many people have had the same problems. 101_3357.jpg

101_3358.jpg

101_3357.jpg

101_3358.jpg

Problem is fixed... Thanks guys. I went to a local shop and they wouldnt tell me anything they wanted to charge me $90 to LOOK at it. I LOVE THE ORG.:bowdown::thumbsup::beerchug:

Problem is fixed... Thanks guys. I went to a local shop and they wouldnt tell me anything they wanted to charge me $90 to LOOK at it. I LOVE THE ORG.:bowdown::thumbsup::beerchug:

We will save you lots of money. :beerchug: Or............cause you to spend a lot of money, just depends on how you look at it. :whistle:

Back