Kawi will strike back

Samurai-Jim

Registered
Like many others I think I was wishing for a little more out of the new busa atleast from the stuff I've read on the net anyway.
But.... Now that Kawi knows what Suzuki is sending out this year and since they only need what 5-6hp to top the Bus what makes anyone think that Suzuki will ever even regain the thrown?
That would suck, to wait for so many years for a new bike and have it just get squashed in the first year of the redo....
all_coholic.gif

08 is a new emission year.does the 06 & 7 14 pass the 08 emission laws?IF so a couple ponies won't be to hard.IF not they will have to find power with the new law.

Yeah, well we got to see it first from Kawi, remember the ZX12 was built to de Throne the Busa and it was a failure at that. Although I did like it's looks better than the 14 . So we've got TWO attempts from Kawi, one a failure, one a marginal success. So I guess I want hold my breath for the number 3 attempt  
beerchug.gif

(DaCol. @ Jun. 28 2007,22:09)
(Dennis @ Jun. 28 2007,20:03) If the 14 is a "marginal success" then the 08 Busa is a loser already.
Why
rock.gif
Exactly.

The 14 from Kawi had the chance to really blow to the busa out of the pond... but it didn't. Remember that the busa has remained relatively unchanged since 99 and it took Kawi about 8 years to finally put something out that actually challenged the busa and maybe beat it "barely" in some ways. The 08 busa beats the 14... period. And it does it in a classy way because the busa was due for a re-vamp. IF Kawi does something new with the 14 this or next year it will be an act of desperation.....

Kawi's pissed because Suzuki has a trademark speed bike (busa) and they don't.... so all they can do is try and keep up from year to year. This shows us all that the original busa design/engine is still a force to be dealt with almost ten years later.... because the 14 can BARELY eek past the original busa models.

In other words.... the King is STILL the King!

You guys are so negative! Why not have respect for both bikes, they both are marvels of engineering. Imagine having a kz1000 back in the day and having a glimpse of the zx14 or GSXR13.5? You would never have guessed it would have come to the level it has.

imag4es.jpg

You guys are talking like zook and kaw dont' know exactly what the other is doing... Baloney. They both got together and said "let's start this little one-upmanship war again." Kaw's answer was to make a killer motor and state "ok, but we're not going to make a new motor every 2-5 years... Lets do this right." So...

1. Kaw makes a kickass motor and chops it's balls off by choking it senseless with tiny throttle bodies and teeny little pipes. Oh and lets throw in secondary butterflies that dont' even open up until 7000rpm. How about a mild cam too while we're at it. But we'll tune it juuuuuust high enough to beat the busa.

2. Zook goes "ok. We've already got a motor we know will go out to 1600cc, but we don't want to blow our wad all at once and ruin the little game..." So they stroke it 2mm and tweak what they already had.

3. Kaw publicly goes "oh gee willikers! You have beat us. We shall answer back!" They drop in some 46mm throttle bodies, rework the headers, maybe take those flies out... Bam. 1340 busa beater.

4. Wash. Rinse. Repeat for the next 15-20 years while milking the public for every last dime they got.

From a marketing standpoint it's genius. From a consumer standpoint. @#$^#$&%#$^&$%
firedevil.gif
guns.gif

(BangkokBusa @ Jun. 28 2007,22:25) You guys are so negative!  Why not have respect for both bikes, they both are marvels of engineering.  Imagine having a kz1000 back in the day and having a glimpse of the zx14 or GSXR13.5? You would never have guessed it would have come to the level it has.
By <span style='color:crimson'>class</span> I also mean that Suzuki didn't call the new busa a 14 or even a 13.5 -- but Kawi felt the NEED to call their 13.5 a 14!!!

(Kanati @ Jun. 28 2007,22:28) You guys are talking like zook and kaw dont' know exactly what the other is doing...  Baloney.  They both got together and said "let's start this little one-upmanship war again."  Kaw's answer was to make a killer motor and state "ok, but we're not going to make a new motor every 2-5 years...  Lets do this right."  So...  

1.  Kaw makes a kickass motor and chops it's balls off by choking it senseless with tiny throttle bodies and teeny little pipes.  Oh and lets throw in secondary butterflies that dont' even open up until 7000rpm.  How about a mild cam too while we're at it.  But we'll tune it juuuuuust high enough to beat the busa.

2.  Zook goes "ok.  We've already got a motor we know will go out to 1600cc, but we don't want to blow our wad all at once and ruin the little game..."  So they stroke it 2mm and tweak what they already had.

3.  Kaw publicly goes "oh gee willikers!  You have beat us.  We shall answer back!"  They drop in some 46mm throttle bodies, rework the headers, maybe take those flies out...  Bam.  1340 busa beater.  

4.  Wash.  Rinse.  Repeat for the next 15-20 years while milking the public for every last dime they got.

From a marketing standpoint it's genius.  From a consumer standpoint.  @#$^#$&%#$^&$%  
firedevil.gif

guns.gif
Your info comes from 'where'?

All we know is that is was just agreed upon about the top speed limit.

It's a fact that kaw and zook were in bed together for a number of years and still are in some areas. Just not officially the sport bike division.

Are my statements FACT? No. Don't claim them to be. But come on... Seriously. If zook wanted to beat the 14 hands down; the busa with it's CURRENT ENGINE bored and stroked to 1397 would do it. Why stop there? We know the engine can do 1600, so why not just make it 1500 and tell kaw to go back to the drawing board? Why? Because then the class stagnates for another 8 years like it has done until the 14 came out.

Right now they have a way to mess with the public for years and I'll place BETS that they do just that.

(Kanati @ Jun. 28 2007,11:28) You guys are talking like zook and kaw dont' know exactly what the other is doing...  Baloney.  They both got together and said "let's start this little one-upmanship war again."  Kaw's answer was to make a killer motor and state "ok, but we're not going to make a new motor every 2-5 years...  Lets do this right."  So...  

1.  Kaw makes a kickass motor and chops it's balls off by choking it senseless with tiny throttle bodies and teeny little pipes.  Oh and lets throw in secondary butterflies that dont' even open up until 7000rpm.  How about a mild cam too while we're at it.  But we'll tune it juuuuuust high enough to beat the busa.

2.  Zook goes "ok.  We've already got a motor we know will go out to 1600cc, but we don't want to blow our wad all at once and ruin the little game..."  So they stroke it 2mm and tweak what they already had.

3.  Kaw publicly goes "oh gee willikers!  You have beat us.  We shall answer back!"  They drop in some 46mm throttle bodies, rework the headers, maybe take those flies out...  Bam.  1340 busa beater.  

4.  Wash.  Rinse.  Repeat for the next 15-20 years while milking the public for every last dime they got.

From a marketing standpoint it's genius.  From a consumer standpoint.  @#$^#$&%#$^&$%  
firedevil.gif

guns.gif
BS.

I'm sure Harley is there also agreeing to just keep producing cruisers.

The new busa will beat the zx-14, in the quarter and topend. It already handles better than the zx-14.

Wonder why yamaha and honda doesn't get into this. Guess they have their hands full with the 1000s. They can't touch the GSXR 1000.

It was said already by somebody else that they're preparing for the future....

Because if Suz released the new Busa as a 1500 + then what would the future hold? A 1800? See? So.... Kawi has been behind Suzuki in the last ten years for whatever reason....

All we know is that the 08 beats the current 14... and, yes, just barely.... just how the current 14 BARELY beat out the old Busa models that have been around for over 8 years!

In the end.... a Busa is a Busa. A 14 is a.... um... just a Ninja.

In other words..... sorry Kawasaki. The Busa is still the bike you didn't make....

beerchug.gif
to Suzuki for actually delivering a new Busa with more power and more refinements.....

If Honda or Yamaha were smart they'd step up to the plate and secretly release something that would stagger the sportbike world. Its a rare and great opportunity.

(DaCol. @ Jun. 28 2007,20:09)
(Dennis @ Jun. 28 2007,20:03) If the 14 is a "marginal success" then the 08 Busa is a loser already.
Why
rock.gif
I'm not that brand sensitive so I can have an open mind. Some of you guys should try too.

The '07 14 is faster than the 07 Busa any way you slice it. Quarter mile speed, et, acceleration, time to top speed, brakes, smooth ride, etc. You can rationalize that it took 9 years for Kawi to do so therefore it doesn't count, but the bottom line is the 07 Busa is still #2 by a significant margin.

Now Suz comes out with a bike that has, what .. within one hp of the same as the 14 and basically the same weight (based on specs anyway) and you guys want to claim that this bike sets the bar yet the 14 never did? Don't get me wrong, I hope the Busa is top dog, but it won't be by the margin that the 14 is over the previous generation Busa.

If your bragging rights are based on the number of years it takes to claim the #1 spot, then you're just rationalizing a way to claim victory for your preferred bike when reality says something different.

I just love my Busa and I don't care if the 14 goes faster, heck I will never take this bike to its potential anyway.

Back