kawi convert -- mods to look for in Busa

eee

Registered
I am moving over to the dark side, and plan to buy one of the all black busa's that i have seen lately. I would really appreciate if nobody tells the guys i used to ride with :-)

-- And particularly if anyone could point me to the things to watch for in a used busa.

I remember reading there was some modification that was important on the clutch back in the 99 model's. Is that still true today -- was that true at all.

i probibly will want an aftermarket pipe, and the what ever ecu upgrades are nessacary. So if i can get that already installed on a used bike , that would be ideal. What Pipe should i lean towards

i have always figured that if i can get a used bike low miles with some of the goodies that i will "have" to have in short order - im money ahead having the previous owner take the depreciation on the goodies too. :-)

Any way I have been a Kawasaki guy since High School
ex500 first bike at 16 (behind the old mans back)
zx6 while i was in college (college loans got that one done)
zx9 bought from indy car guy all tricked out
zx9 newer cooler prettier
BMW (where i went wrong)
-- I made the move to a BMW for a long legged tour around the entire country, and that souless piece of @!#$ almost broke me of wanting to be on a bike at all. I have been without a bike for 2 years and the fall chill has reignited the motorcyclitis-- it has gotten me to get the leathers out, borrowed a friends Duc996 -- and the bug is officially back.

This one is listed in the classifieds on this website. Sounds like a killer deal.
VERY clean bone stock 2003 busa with warning stickers reflectors still attached. I could not find a sratch or rub mark. I am selling this for a local guy I know. He is a nurse and does not ride it much. Stays in a climate controlled garage. It never sits outside, it only sees sun when he rides it. If I did not have a busa, I would buy this because he rode it like a cruiser. 7800.00. 3800 miles, this bike is mint!!!! JEFF 1-800-898-6097.

post_40_88280_freakinbusa_0001.jpg

I just copied and pasted the description. So those aren't my comments about the bike. I'm less than 2 hours from you and there's at least one other board member from St. Louis that I know of. Hurry up and get that bike, we'll all go for a big ride before it gets cold. There's also a few riders from the board here in S. Illinois and I've got some friends from work that ride little rockets, so we should be able to get a pretty good group ride going sometime.

you are right -- that is a wonderfull deal, however i have my mind set on the all black version with the blacked out frame. Theres one on ebay that they are calling the "Midnight Falcon Special" that looks like it has a pipe on it -- it located in NH so that might be a long weekend to drive it back. Or maybe not so long of a weekend if these things are as fast as you guys say they are.

I just saw the eBay listing. It does look like a good deal.

No, sir. 03 Black/Grey. Have always wanted the 02 LE. They are sweet!

BusainSD - Is that yours ? That is what i want -- did they make the black on black limited edition more than one year ? cause im seeing the 02 but this guy
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....iewItem
on ebay is showing an 05 limited edition ?

is there anything to watch for out of the 02 models ? things that need to be done ?
I found some talk about a starter recall in the 02 models, is there anything else to watch for?

Mine is the '02 US special edition. They also offered the black in Canada as an '03. The '05 LE is gunmetal grey. I haven't seen one in person yet, but I hear that they look much better than pictures show. As for the '02 models, the starter is the only major issue to watch out for. I haven't had any problems yet but some here have.
smile.gif

Back