Kawasaki ZX-14 crash (Highside? Lowside?)

I believe that is a low side crash. Either tires weren't able to hold or he didn't have enough speed. He should have put down his knee for how low he was.

Yep, low-side. A high-side would have been more dramatic and he'd have spent a little time flying.

2007+Australian+Motorcycle+Grand+Prix+Qualifying+6-hM6ds3Lnnl.jpg

low side

looks like his inside toe is pointed in. this makes his knee wrap up towards the tank instead of out.

im no expert... but i am getting better!

2 weeks ago on the downside of ortega towards elsinore i found myself in a similar body position. i had a close one. if my toe had been pointed out, my knee would have dropped... my line would have been more controllable.

Seems like being on a racetrack, he might have at least had a basic understanding of body position. That's what caused his crash.

Sent from my iPhone using The Force

Seems like being on a racetrack, he might have at least had a basic understanding of body position. That's what caused his crash.

Sent from my iPhone using The Force
I dont know much about riding skills but it did look like to me he was out of position on the bike.

That poor bloke was way over his head on touring tires which appear to be Pilot Roads. Tires do make a difference. However, it was a combination of bad decisions and lack of ability that got him in trouble.

Good series of photos. Do those belong to Kameraman?

Do those belong to Kameraman?[/QUOTE]

No it doesn't belongs to my camera. My camera (Canon 60D) takes high size photo than those. These photos were taken from Flickr.

That poor bloke was way over his head on touring tires which appear to be Pilot Roads. Tires do make a difference. However, it was a combination of bad decisions and lack of ability that got him in trouble.

Hey Tuff, did he lift his wheels up from dragging the "hard parts", or was he already going down ? That's also that position you were talking about, with your bottom half leaning, and top half not, right ?? Could that help with the go down ???

Agreed. I couldn't see the rubber very well on my phone, but now it looks like he's on either a set of Pilot Roads or Conti Motions. No matter what kind of tire he was using, it looks like they were still going to come off the ground from too much lean angle.

Whether it was from the tires slipping or from too much lean angle causing them to lift, this guy was going to crash.

There is no way to tell with the photos if loss of traction was the cause of or result of dragging hard parts.

Bottom line is "He ran out of talent just when he needed it most"! :beerchug:

That guy needs a coach to teach him body position, great pics :thumbsup:

Body position is not the cause of his crash. Too much lean angle which can be reduced by improved body position is a factor no doubt but even attempting that much lean on touring tires shows his lack of understanding traction limits.

Also, a huge factor in this particular instance has to be throttle control. Looking at his throttle hand it appears he has the throttle closed from the first photo.

How do you eat an elephant?
One bite at a time.
This fella bit off more than he could chew! :laugh:

Back