Kawasaki vs Hayabusa

Suzuki was changing a legend, Kawasaki was trying to catch one. You have to knock the champ out, not just out point him. Them's the rules in the heavy weight division........

Omg! Perfect quote!

Thanks for coming up with that. That sums up everything. Well done sir.

HTC EVO 3G with tapatalk.

Lead dog always gets bitten in the azz :)

I (kinda) like the green color (there, i said it); but the blue and black are simply hideous...

Engine tweaks an no appearance tweaks do not constitute a Gen. :p

Well, not in my book, anyways.

Suzuki was changing a legend, Kawasaki was trying to catch one. You have to knock the champ out, not just out point him. Them's the rules in the heavy weight division........

Yea, man. Things don't work that way these days. As much as we'd all love them to. The companies build a solid bike and tack little **** on to it and call it a Gen II (or 3, 4, 5 whatever.) Take the Hayabusa as an example of that. Don't ignore what I wrote. These forums were ablaze, I know I was here, when the 2008 came out. People ripping that god damned bike a new one.

Rinky dink updates? The 'new' Goldwing? The 'new' CBR1000RR? The 'Gen II' FJR? The 'Gen II' Concours? The 2012 R1? Rinky dink **** ass upgrades one and all, and even if they do make BIG changes it takes years and years these days even in the most selling area...supersports. The last mind blowing upgrade (or new bike) BMW K1600GT(L) BMW S1000R, 2009 R1, 2011 VFR (though, not exactly in a good way most would say) This is THE AGE of rinky dink "Ok, Bob. Throw them some damn traction control or something." upgrades. I hope you folks aren't expecting a 1500cc 230 crank hp Hayabusa with ABS, TC and wheelie control 'standard'. You're going to be very disappointed. :unhappy:

The old 14 put out 200hp at the crank with ram air.....the new one puts out 210.......WOW lol. I predicted 13-15, guess I was expecting too much out of kawi :laugh: This is just a keep up with the competition bike, not pull ahead :whistle: Plus it weighs 18lbs more than the old one :rofl:

Hasn't been said that the 210 is with ram air. Not sure how many companies through that ram air bull**** into the crank number any more. (All? I don't know.) Posting up ram aim crank numbers is BS. Don't you have to be doing about 125 or more before you get significant gains from that? If it is 210 with ram air, it sure did get faster on 10 measly little hp... As for the weight, yup, that's a shame. The stock pipes need to go...

The old 14 put out 200hp at the crank with ram air.....the new one puts out 210.......WOW lol. I predicted 13-15, guess I was expecting too much out of kawi :laugh: This is just a keep up with the competition bike, not pull ahead :whistle: Plus it weighs 18lbs more than the old one :rofl:

I almost bought a ZX-14 but decided on the Busa. I literally had them side by side at the dealer and thought the Busa was a much sexier creature. Deciding factors were, I didn't like the Kaws brake clutch and brake fluid reservoirs cause they looked tacked on, didn't like the inside of the fairings around the instrument panel as they looked unfinished, didn't like the strakes on the sides, didn't like the seat cowl cover arrangement and I liked the instrument panel on the Busa much better. After seeing the new ZX-14 the choice would have been much easier. Ass end is fugly and will look like crap when the fender thingy is removed, looks like legs will get cooked in the summer cause the strakes are huge now, turn signals look terrible, brake light looks terrible, inside the windshield and around the instruments looks even more cheap and unfinished and last but not least, those are the ugliest mufflers I have ever, ever seen. At least the Busa's cans look like they belong there but the Kaws are just plain ugly!

I do like the new front end, wheels/brake rotors, handlebars but that's about it....Busa all the way!

I do have one rule with bikes and cars though, gotta see them in person to make a final judgement.

That video doesnt really mean anything to anyone other then someone looking for an excuse to buy a 14. Faster or slower who knows, but there is one thing that's a fact and that 14 is one ugly lookn bike.

Any manufactor that thinks a bike that happens to be a few tenths faster yet 2 seconds uglier is just kidding themselves. The Busa is the most popular sport touring/race bike on the planet for a reason. And that reason primarily is the fact that is the best look bike out there.:super:

Engine tweaks an no appearance tweaks do not constitute a Gen. :p

Well, not in my book, anyways.

Yea, man. Things don't work that way these days. As much as we'd all love them to. The companies build a solid bike and tack little **** on to it and call it a Gen II (or 3, 4, 5 whatever.) Take the Hayabusa as an example of that. Don't ignore what I wrote. These forums were ablaze, I know I was here, when the 2008 came out. People ripping that god damned bike a new one.

Rinky dink updates? The 'new' Goldwing? The 'new' CBR1000RR? The 'Gen II' FJR? The 'Gen II' Concours? The 2012 R1? Rinky dink **** ass upgrades one and all, and even if they do make BIG changes it takes years and years these days even in the most selling area...supersports. The last mind blowing upgrade (or new bike) BMW K1600GT(L) BMW S1000R, 2009 R1, 2011 VFR (though, not exactly in a good way most would say) This is THE AGE of rinky dink "Ok, Bob. Throw them some damn traction control or something." upgrades. I hope you folks aren't expecting a 1500cc 230 crank hp Hayabusa with ABS, TC and wheelie control 'standard'. You're going to be very disappointed. :unhappy:

Hasn't been said that the 210 is with ram air. Not sure how many companies through that ram air bull**** into the crank number any more. (All? I don't know.) Posting up ram aim crank numbers is BS. Don't you have to be doing about 125 or more before you get significant gains from that? If it is 210 with ram air, it sure did get faster on 10 measly little hp... As for the weight, yup, that's a shame. The stock pipes need to go...
Kawi has been claiming hp with ram air added in for a long time now, they do it for the obvious reason, bigger hp numbers sell more bikes....I have to agree though, I think its bs :banghead: . Suzuki doesn't do it, which I respect :thumbsup: And the only drag times so far for the new 14 are from Ricky Gadson, who is paid big money by kawi to race and sell kawi's, he always runs times and gets dyno hp numbers out of his test bikes that nobody else can ever duplicate in the real world. He's been criticized quite abit for skewing results to sell kawi's......but then again, thats his job so how can you blame him?
The real world is going to make or break the new 14......and IMO its already broken :laugh:
I'll guess we'll see though :whistle:
And I agree the bike makers are so scared anymore of being regulated that they are afraid to make any big hp improvements. I suppose those days are over :banghead: The race 1000's, which by the rules, are stock based bikes with some headwork and cams are making 230+hp.........so you know if Josh Hayes R1 is making that kind of power, they could do way better on the street R1 if they weren't afraid of big brother. Same with all the makers. Imagine the busa if suzi wasn't afraid to really turn up the technology they currently have.....or the 14 or any other bike :whistle:
I guess maybe we shouldn't blame the manufacturers as much as the governments? ???

Hey guys done worry, Im pretty sure rickey even said himself the busas clutch was having problems that day and they could not get the launch down right so they had to go buy just the trap speed for comparison.

I am surprised no one mentioned the obvious. Since when does a busa run a 10.7 in the 1/4? The 14 ran a best of what 9.7? Hell I would have smoked him if I was there with my stock motor.

Well I have a new 2012 Ninja sitting at my house been here about a month. Will it out run my Busa no not even a race Of course its only the 250:laugh: we won in the Kaw Good times contest. That green does grow on you. Before I jump ship I will need to read more tests and look at one in person. My dealer got 1 new Busa in this year and no Z-14 . Said no market in my area for them . Ive got 20500 on my 07 and going after new tire in morn . Took a nail and ruined a 1/2 worn rear. That 1 front and 1 rear for this season from road junk.

First Look! 2012 ZX14 Kawasaki Ninja with Rickey Gadson | Dragbike Live.com- News In The World of Motorcycle Drag Racing! read down a bit.

"After originally planning to let a joe blow and excellent road racer(Derek Keyes) ride both bikes, we quickly found out that the clutch was going to be a problem on the new Busa, it grabbed too much, which is a problem that never changed since 1999 so the only fair comparison would be to compare trap speeds! The best trap speed he could run on the SUZUKI was 142mph at the Las Vegas 3300-3600 ft altitude racetrack, but on the other hand he managed to turn in 146-147mph 1/4 mile runs.

I also went 142-143 mph trap speeds on the Busa and 147-148 on the new 14r. Even 1/8th mile speeds were separated by more than 3 mph as well. The unbelievable part about the test is that I’ve never been faster than mid 9.90′s…..9.97 i believe at only 142 mph at the years prior that I’ve tested at Vegas for Kawi with the previous 14. This time I ran an unbelievable 9.71 at 147.90……….at nearly 100 degrees, with absolutely no modifications at all………NONE!"

I'd be curious to know if the Kawi was running TC during the races ? Could that account for the hole shots it was getting on the busa ?

I am surprised no one mentioned the obvious. Since when does a busa run a 10.7 in the 1/4? The 14 ran a best of what 9.7? Hell I would have smoked him if I was there with my stock motor.

Thats what I was thinking.

Cycle World said:
The last Hayabusa we had on our dyno grunted out 173.4 horsepower and 104 foot-pounds of peak torque (S-DMS, mode A). Despite its considerable dry weight (552 lb.), the bike posted a 0-60 time of 2.58 seconds, 4.99 sec. to 100 mph, 9.90 sec./147.94 mph in the quarter-mile and a measured top speed of 186 mph in our “Turn & Burn” test (July, 2008).

Ricky's worst run of the day was on the Busa. Funny they didn't mention his best run of the day was on the 14.:whistle:

So Ricky since Kawasaki supplies you with bikes, pays for your crew, pays for that nice RV (it really is nice), tools, trailer, pays you to race and recently paid for you to do a commercial for the new 14, can you really be unbiased?:poke:

x2!!!

Traction control I like it :cheerleader: You can keep the power mode selector If I want a bike with less performance I'll buy one :laugh:

I'd didn't see any mention of ABS if it has ABS too I may try and get some money for my Gen 1 and get the black one.... Though I need to take a closer look at it to see how and how much to get rid of those fins/gills that they love so much, cause I can't stand them. I mean those things are a deal breaker:laugh:

Need to see it with some removable hard bags on the side The wheels look awesome :thumbsup:

ps and of course never buy the 1 st year of a redesigned anything thats a gimme but this Kawi is definitely in my cross-hairs :thumbsup:

I am not impressed so far. If I was in the market for another bike besides the Busa, I would still consider the K1300S as the better buy in the 1300+ class.

- No ABS?
- Why model the bike after his ugly wife again?
- Traction Control the only real electronic upgrade?
- Built for straight line acceleration ... can it corner though?
- 0.2 seconds faster than the Busa? Whats the point?

After all the hype, I expect something like when the S1000RR was released. What a letdown.

I am not impressed so far.
- Built for straight line acceleration ... can it corner though?
- 0.2 seconds faster than the Busa? Whats the point?

Exactly. Not to mention the Hayabusa looks way better. Lets wait for the real comparisons before we jump to conclusions. All we have seen are Kawasaki commercials. What do you expect?

Guys, guys...it is used for a Kawasaki advert....the Busa is hardly going to win now is it....

Honestly, who cares which bike is "better"?

I have owned a ZX14 and now a Bus. I like the Bus, but I also have fond memories of the big Kawasaki.

Both are great bikes.

Smell the flowers...life is too short....

Back