Kawasaki test ride event..

apehog

Registered
Today and tomorrow, Kawasaki has a test ride event in Houston and I rode over to it in an attempt to test ride a ZX10R or a ZX6R. Unfortunately, both models were booked solid by the time I got over there so I rode a Ninja 1000 instead.

I was impressed with the ninja's handling and it's get up and go, so I have no doubt that I'd like the 10R. We did a roughly 30 minute circuit and had a mixture of spirited corners and straights to check out the handling. I say "spirited" but in reality, this was on city back streets with riders of varying talents, but it was enough to get a taste of each bikes handling.

I'm going back tomorrow alittle earlier this time to see if I can hook up with my main objective!

I did the same thing when Kawasaki came thru the Dallas area, and rode several differnt models.
This is smart of them, and good PR. I wish other would come thru the area.

Was the Ninja seating geometry more upright than the Busa's ???

Yes it was...the ninja 1000 has clubman bars which helps add to a more upright seating position. A downside that I can see is that it's a little TOO upright. I think you'd be catching alot of wind at speed because of the small windscreen.

I didn't get a chance to go back today and try the zx10r. It's no doubt a great bike, but I continue to lean towards another gsxr product, probably a 750. That was by far for me the most comfortable and natural feeling race rep sportbike (the 750) except for my busa, which is really a different animal in terms of purpose.

When did they come threw dallas...why do I always miss these things..I missed ducati too.....when they coming again? :-/

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

DFW: it was June 25,26 at Grapevine-mills mall. their 18-wheeler sets up a giant covered area, and two girls are at laptops at the counter. they setup the riding schedule. You will need a motorcycle lincense, of course. Dallas area has passed :( but the below link shows a map, check 4 your city.

Ticke-to-Ride schedule:
Kawasaki Ticket to Ride: Event Schedule

Back