Katie couric leaving "today"

nitrousjunkie

60 Years Young And Still On A Busa!
Donating Member
Registered
Wow! What a breath of fresh air to the network! I think most will agree she's believable and easy to relate to,not to mention not bad on the eyes.I've been a fan for years,Her coverage on the 9-11 events were the best and from someone I admire alot.(I was on a crewboat down in Galveston on that day watching the show,when it happened) Good acquisition CBS!

..and at 49... almost 50.. she's still not bad on the eyes~  
wink.gif

Will be interesting to see how well Today does after she's gone~ Matt and Al are entertaining, but don't think it will be the same without Katie in the mix...
sad.gif

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: "Cause I hit the wrong damn button there somewhere!!!!"|1144338727 -->

Yeah ... she, Mat, Al, and Ann were the team to watch. She'll do well at first because of the curiosity, but she won't be able to goof around, which was a big part of her personality. So I think it'll wear off.

I heard that someone analyzed about 300 pages of Katie interview transcripts, and somehow she always makes the story about "her".

She'd better do her homework. Last time I saw her do an interview it was with Woody Allen. They were talking about his new movie that had just come and and she HADN"T seen it. He tore her apart. It was painful to watch. I like her personality and appearance, I'm just saying she'd better get ready to peddle fast because the national anchors work hard.
I've been hearing some refer to her new position as a 'gamble' by the network. She'll either re-define what an anchor is or go down in flames. I like that she's got the guts to give it a try, and that she's giving up maybe 10 million in income for the opportunity. Gotta respect that.

WTF?  You guys say I post weird shid?

Who the hell cares about an Anchor Woman?  What are ya doing watching so much news you actually know who these people are?

TURN OFF the Network news brother, telling ya it's nothing but half truths, lies and propaganda...  Fug me, it's a part of the fear machine that's in place to keep Americans docile and in line.  

Turn it off, take a walk.

Wanna know what's going on in the world?  Read the Edinburgh Times. Not the model of impartiality, but far enough from monied US influence that their numbers are still largely intact.

Oh and Don't forget you Aluminum Foil Hat!
smile.gif

WTF? You guys say I post weird shid?

Who the hell cares about an Anchor Woman? What are ya doing watching so much news you actually know who these people are?

TURN OFF the Network news brother, telling ya it's nothing but half truths, lies and propaganda... Fug me, it's a part of the fear machine that's in place to keep Americans docile and in line.

Turn it off, take a walk.

Wanna know what's going on in the world? Read the Edinburgh Times. Not the model of impartiality, but far enough from monied US influence that their numbers are still largely intact.

Oh and Don't forget you Aluminum Foil Hat!
smile.gif
Goodmorning Rev!

Rev, can you sent me YOUR aluminum foil hat?
tounge.gif

I haven't watched the Today show since Fox & Friends came on...come on, those guys are hysterical!
wink.gif

The weather guy was doing the nation's weather last week and he mentioned when he came back from the break, he'd give the "immigration forecast"
ices_rofl.gif

I know, not PC, but that's kind of what I like...

I've always like Katie though...NBC lost an asset...

Revlis, how will I know who was kicked off of Survivor? How can I keep up on Paris Hilton's latest project? Come on,turn off Katie, that's just crazy talk. Yee-hawwwwww!

..and at 49... almost 50.. she's still not bad on the eyes~  
wink.gif

Will be interesting to see how well Today does after she's gone~ Matt and Al are entertaining, but don't think it will be the same without Katie in the mix...
sad.gif
[/QUOTE]

And what the hell are you doing knowing her age?

Sheesh, Are things that slow down there Bro?  And who the Fug are Matt and Al?  
smile.gif

Telling ya all, you have to watch less News, it's bad for your stress levels...

smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144338042 -->

smile.gif

I agree with Revlis on this. Americans would be much more informed if they would turn off the corporate media and try watching some independent news programs.

I am baffled though, Network TV? I mean come on are things this bad? You have this kinda free time?
laugh.gif

I just feel kinda odd, sorta left out cause I have no idea who these people are or WTF Fox and friends is about... Does that come on after Barney?

And what the hell are you doing knowing her age?

Sheesh, Are things that slow down there Bro?  And who the Fug are Matt and Al?  
smile.gif

Telling ya all, you have to watch less News, it's bad for your stress levels...

smile.gif

I seem to notice... as I keep getting older myself... how much these 40 and even some 50 y/o ladies are catching my eye~ Then I think about 15-20 years back when I wouldn't even have had a second thought upon seeing some of these ladies~ Katie is still a very atractive lady in my eyes!
As if feeling Father Time creeping up my backside isn't bad enough (that just doesn't sound right when reading back), now it appears as if I'm replying to myself even~ Thanks Bro... Damn, I need a vacation!

Three more weeks, Baby!!
wink.gif

smile.gif

I'll have you know I am brewing my own coffee lately! Again Suckling at the corporate Teet just pisses me off.
smile.gif

I have a Flavia Fusion Coffee Maker and it's the cats a$$!!!

I am baffled though, Network TV?   I mean come on are things this bad?  You have this kinda free time?
laugh.gif
Actually.. my employeers are not too bright~ I not only have internet access.. i have cable TV in my office!
laugh.gif
It's so I can keep track of the huricanes during huricane season... suckers~
wink.gif

laugh.gif

Revlis, how will I know who was kicked off of Survivor? How can I keep up on Paris Hilton's latest project? Come on,turn off Katie, that's just crazy talk. Yee-hawwwwww!
You have a point there...
smile.gif

I guess my answer would be... THROW YOUR TV out the window!
smile.gif

Or just quit watching shows designed to eliminate brain activity.
thumbs-up.gif

He he he... Yeah I know your playing.... right?

smile.gif

I am baffled though, Network TV?   I mean come on are things this bad?  You have this kinda free time?
laugh.gif

I just feel kinda odd, sorta left out cause I have no idea who these people are or WTF Fox and friends is about...  Does that come on after Barney?
Ummm, no...the 'Purple Bastid' is not allowed in my home Rev...

Fox and Friends are the morning show on the Fox News Channel...surely you know that channel? Fox News

I get ready in the a.m. with the news on...nothing wrong with that...

Back