Kansas State Police helped us out here..

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
These shots are from Captain Wilson of the Kansas State Police.. (all of the bikes and cameras we had, we showed up for the meeting without much in the way of photo equipment.. Captain said he would get some shots for us with his good camera..
thumb_up.gif

I would bet this is some kind of record..

The higher ups and police from 4 states
A parking lot load of police cars
A parking lot load of "hot bikes"

AND not 1 summons to appear... everyone was there because the wanted to be... The org was well represented by Captain (Doug) and co...

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://picasaweb.google.com/s/c/bin/slideshow.swf" width="800" height="533" flashvars="host=picasaweb.google.com&noautoplay=1&RGB=0x000000&feed=http%3A%2F%2Fpicasaweb.google.com%2Fdata%2Ffeed%2Fapi%2Fuser%2F1gighost%2Falbumid%2F5214959348199972289%3Fkind%3Dphoto%26alt%3Drss" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>

Good to see some positive interaction with the police for once...what was the meeting all about?

The meeting was on the basic premise of "how to make bike riding safer" or more appropriately, "how to make the bikes RIDER safer"

Very complex problem with out any single answer.

They concede to the fact that tickets really are not the key to "educating" riders that a 150 hp plus machine is not a toy and that "large" doses of restraint are needed.

The problem is that the "ticket book" is one of their few real weapons right now.

Doug did an outstanding job of putting up points and hope he can start an open discussion about what he thinks..

The enforcement community knows that "peer pressure" is the biggest problem and also the best cure for what is going on right now..

Seems more questions have been generated by the meeting than were answered IMHO...

how does a responsible rider convey a message to a kid that thinks stunting down a highway is "macho" while in little more than a pair of jeans with his girl on the back or the rider that finds himself running 2 or 3 times the speed limit in terrible places..

beerchug.gif
Hope to see more meetings like this in the future. Props to Cap for helping arrange such a great get together with the boys in blue.
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Interesting subjects to cover. How did the meeting come about and did they have any ideas for responses other than the ticket book? For instance, an age limit based on engine size? Just curious....this meeting is very proactive and can only help spread the message to LEO's that we're not all idiots.

Wish I could have joined. Sounds like an interesting meeting topic.
thumb_up.gif

Was this a planned event part of the MnG?

I really wish I could have made it to this meeting. Just missed it by a couple of hours...I think we are trying to meet up with the KHP here in the KC area...we will post up when this happens...

that i a good idea, i wonder what it would take to get other LEO's that don't have that to consider having a meeting to inform cagers or even help with the young driver/riders on sfaety.

that i a good idea, i wonder what it would take to get other LEO's that don't have that to consider having a meeting to inform cagers or even help with the young driver/riders on sfaety.
I think in the short answer... "us riders"

maybe we can start working on local agency's to get involved like the states of KS,OK,AR and MO

Meeting the guys was a positive experience...

I know this is way off topic but does it look like I wana eat the state troopers?

Do I always look like that or what???

But on the topic, The meeting was a good start but I think there is a lot left to talk over with them. If now they just listen and try to work on getting something new out there for people to really listen to, then we did something right.

Josh

Ryders Connection

I wish I could have been there for that! Thanks to Steve and Doug for helping get that setup!
beerchug.gif

I really wish I could have made it to this meeting.  Just missed it by a couple of hours...I think we are trying to meet up with the KHP here in the KC area...we will post up when this happens...
Would really be interested in this one, let me know. I work for the KCPD, I can let the traffic officers know.
thumb_up.gif

If guys are really interested in making these meetings happen, maybe Doug and Steve can help out a bit?

If we could get some kind of idea of what/how together it could be helpful..

I have not heard of any kind of meetings like that around here. So i would be interested in getting some info on how we can get something like that going here. We all know there are a lot of people how need it. Plus it would give us a chance to meet with the local/state officers to let them know that not all of the riders are squids out there.
thumb_up.gif

Back