Kansas City bike shops

AztecKanji

Registered
Hey all, those of you in the KC area, anyone know of bike shops open on Sundays? Seems like everybody is closed on Sun/Mon and I've got to get these tires switched out. It's beautiful outside and my baby is stuck in the garage. I work nights and slept too long yesterday to catch anybody before close. I know its a slim chance but figured i'd ask anyway. Worth a shot...
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, I was thinkin about them but I don't think they will remove the wheels from the bike to swap them. You gotta dismount them and take them in so they can just mount and balance the tires onto the rims and I don't have stands or the axle nut, or a good torque wrench that measures ft lbs, nor the dough to buy it all and pay for the swap. That's why I was just gonna pay a shop to do it all this time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, Cycle Gear in Lenexa is the only shop that I know of that is open today. But you're right, The wheels have to be off. Olathe Suzuki is open tomorrow and I think Smither's Customs is, also. (Smithers is my choice to have a shop do the work.

I'm out with my kids otherwise you could bring the busa over and I could remove/install them.

iPhone. Tapatalk. Out.

Thanks alot Omslaw!! I appreciate the gesture greatly. Looks like I'm outta luck today. Oh well, it's supposed to be pretty windy today anyway, 30mph+. You ever hear anything good or bad about Blue Star down on 55th and Troost? They have given me the cheapest bid so far. They want 40 bux per wheel tp do it all. That's about 50 bux cheaper than the cheapest dealership in town.

Thanks again.:beerchug:

Another question!! My Dad has a lift he uses for his harley...Is there anyway I could use it to jack up my Busa? It's the kind that slides underneath between the tires and you push a foot pedal down, and it jacks the bike up? I'm pretty sure I can't because of the fairings but worth asking.

Thanks alot Omslaw!! I appreciate the gesture greatly. Looks like I'm outta luck today. Oh well, it's supposed to be pretty windy today anyway, 30mph+. You ever hear anything good or bad about Blue Star down on 55th and Troost? They have given me the cheapest bid so far. They want 40 bux per wheel tp do it all. That's about 50 bux cheaper than the cheapest dealership in town.

Thanks again.:beerchug:

Check out Dan the tire man on KCSport Bike forum. He's a great guy and does great work. KCSB

Back