Kanji Decal ???

Porter

Donating Member
Registered
Hey I wanted to add the hayabusa kanji and suzuki decals to my bike.

My question is this, once I apply the decal I don't want it to look like a sticker, I want it to look just like the factory decals, will I need to get a clear coat after I apply the decal or will a good clean up and wax work.

I have never don't any decal so I don't know anything about them.

Thanks

Also where is the best place to get a set, I really don't trust ebay.

The factory looks pretty much like a sticker on my 06

Either buy oem or some people preach about tapeworks.

So tell me this, there must be diffrerent types of material used for decals, I have seem some guys that did there own decals and they just look cheap, so maybe it was the material that they were made of.

What I am looking for is something similar to a pinstripe on a car.

I will try to find an example of what I mean, and show a comparison.

So with the right material I won't need a clear coat?

I had to have my right fairing repainted and the decals replaced thanks to a nice scrach across it and the decals are just put on after it's painted. No clearcoat over the decals. The decal/tape sets cost close to 200.00 I think so have someone that knows how to put them on do it for you. I used a local custom shop to do mine.

The only decals on the busa that are cleared over by the factory are the tank decals.

And the late model tanks have the cleared over decals with the raised "S"

If you do not want it to look like a sticker get it painted on or get a quality decal and clear over it.

I'm going to order a set from tapeworks, and take to this guy at my local shop, and have them put them on, along with some other mods, and if it does't look right I'll go with a clear coat.

Thanks for the help!
bowdown.gif

Had a chrome set put on one of my bikes with no clear on it. Had another bike repainted, cleared, decals added and cleared again. If you can I would add the clear on top of 'em.

(BigBSBusa @ Mar. 21 2007,12:39) Had a chrome set put on one of my bikes with no clear on it.  Had another bike repainted, cleared, decals added and cleared again.  If you can I would add the clear on top of 'em.
Are they the bikes on your page?

Why not have a sencil made and have them painted on in what ever color you want. Otherwise you will have alot of clearing and sanding.

I think he's got a plan. There's a number of reputable folks on this site that make custom decals.

I agree with frisbee and BigBS... PM 1320busa and clearcoat over the top of them.

Back