K9 black gold with gold wheels

joebuzz

Registered
Dear members,

Need some advice. I sprayed the wheels on my K9 Hayabusa Black/Gold matching the gold of my bike and they came out looking nice i guess. I have attached photos for you to judge please. The only problem i see is that the spray is really delicate compared to the oem spray. I mean i dropped an aluminium block (to be exact the block that you adjust the chain tension with) maybe 2 grams weight in all and i chipped the rear wheel. Scary stuff. Now i purchased another set of wheels that were of a friend of mine and he intended to polish them but saw the work involved and stopped halve way, and i am planning to powder coat or spray. Powder coating does not even come close to the colour of the bike, i mean gold has nothing to do with the color of the bike, so if i do them they have to be black powder coated. Any suggestions should i stay on gold and respray the second set of wheels or go to the standard black and do powder coating? Kindly watch the images. Thanks.

2013-10-04 13.33.55.jpg

2013-10-04 13.38.14.jpg

Did you think about possibly baking the wheels after you spray them? Of course it depends on the paint but it should toughen it up.

Wheels are already baked but seems to be really delicate I dont know why. I think the bike looks good like this but i will go for black again and go for powder coating. Any suggestions will help. thanks.

Gold looks good and different than anyone else's color combination. Touch them up if you get a chip. They don't take that much of a beating unless doing brakes or changing tires.

First image is the bike as it was before i decided to sell the yoshis to get them black carbon and have the wheels painted gold, now i am kind of with the wheels gold and no Yoshis and recently i lost my Job so it will take a while until i get the carbon Yoshis.

I have a Photoshop image the second image to be exact that i did to see how the bike will look with gold wheels and black Yoshimuras. Kindly tell me what you think guys, i am still in time to get the second set of wheels I have back from the powdercoater, as today i took them and told him to do them all black gloss (like stock). What do you think? Should i stick to the Gold wheels or return back to stock and go black? Only problem i see is that its impossible to match the gold of my Busa with Powdercoating, at least here in Malta it is. Ideas are greatly appreciated guys and thanks for the nice comments.

sgs3 004.jpg

BuzaPS6.jpg

Gold looks good and different than anyone else's color combination. Touch them up if you get a chip. They don't take that much of a beating unless doing brakes or changing tires.

Pearl paint is impossible to touch up that is another problem, but you are right when you say that only tires and brakes can damage the wheels i guess!!

You are right wheels dont get too much beating but Pearl paint is really difficult to touch up as it will badly show any signs of touching up. Thanks anyway bro!!

Guys, here is my bike (first image) as it was before i decided to sell the yoshis to get them black carbon and have the wheels painted gold, now i am kind of with the gold wheels but dreaming of the Carbon Yoshis, and to make things harder recently i was fired from work.

Second image is a Photoshop image that i did to see how the bike will look with gold wheels and black Yoshimuras. Kindly tell me what you think guys as today i took another set of wheels i have to powdercoat them black gloss like the stock wheels.

Gold can only be spray as here in Malta Powder coat colors are limited and pearl gold to match my bike is impossible to get. What do you think? Should i paint the second set of wheels i have gold again to take out any imperfections of the first paint job, or forget it and do powdercoat black? Thanks guys, help is really appreciated as i am lost.

sgs3 004.jpg

BuzaPS6.jpg

Love the color. Very unique. Be nice if you could keep it. Black wheels look good on the gold color scheme too.

Bike as it was with black wheels and had Yoshimura which i sold because i was planning to go gold wheels and black carbon Yoshis

sgs3 004.jpg

Kindly have a look at the second image standard color scheme with yoshimura exhaust. I sold the Yoshi with the idea to get carbon yoshis and do the wheels gold, but since then i ended up without a Job so the wheels are gold ok, but cans have to wait. First image is how i thought it would look, obviously done on photoshop.

Took the wheels yesterday for powder coating semi gloss black as i had another set which a friend of mine was to polish them and he saw the work involved and stopped then i bought them from him. Should i stick with the gold or i get it back to stock, i mean black? Since its the weekend i still have time to go get the wheels from powder coating as the gold powder coat color has nothing to do with the color of the bike. Please suggest

sgs3 005.jpg

BuzaPS6.jpg

i am trying to upload some other photos but i cannot, first time on this forum. I have some lovely pics that i need to share regarding the wheels

Stock color on wheels and the Yoshis i had before i sold them, keeping in mind to do gold wheels and black carbon Yoshis. Things have to take longer though as i lost my job lately!!!

sgs3 005.jpg

Oops, dont know what happened there but now i have multiple posts of my bike as it was and photoshopped. Sorry about that but please tell me what you think. thanks

Not sure why you dont think the gold has anything to do with the color of the bike, isnt the color black and gold? Also the color your using in the photoshop isnt quite matched with the bike color. If you had them matched I think it would look a lot better then the black. To quote the movie cars "black just blends with the road" stand out go for the gold! Im also biased...

557997_10100379252921218_295840164_n.jpg

58842_10100379254193668_177078008_n.jpg

401782_10100425628174838_494169876_n.jpg

Back