K8 tank decals.....

dalynchmob4

Donating Member
Registered
anybody peel the decals off of the gas tank on their K8 ??? Mine look like they are clearcoated over. I can't find an edge to start peeling. Any experience out there on this? Thanks. :bowdown:

no experience with a Gen II, but the Gen I's "suzuki" and such were under clearcoat. i would suspect the same for yours.

use a hair drier that is what I did to get mine off. just get it warm and the corner will come up. The heat from the drier will loosen the glue used and you can get it all off.

Just don't let it sit to long it can bake it on. that happened on my 06. :(

Took me over an hour to get em off, used a hair dryer, very gentle fingernail action, and some WD40 to get the remaining crap off.

Ive had most of mine off. just one more left i think. they are just stickers, but part of the sticker is a clear plastic top coat, that will probably peel off first, then you have to get the rest of, using methods like above.

its a horrible job and takes a long time.

(hence why i gave up short of finishing)

Andy.

I went into garage and take a closer look at the tank of my K8. I was right, it is clearcloated and theres no way to get it off. ???

First you have to clarify which decals, the warning, lawyer decals can be pealed of along with the two Suzuki "S" decals.
The other decals on the sides are clear coated and cannot be pealed off. You need to repaint the thank, Contact "color rite" for the paint.
Most people do not bother and live with those decals.

First you have to clarify which decals, the warning, lawyer decals can be pealed of along with the two Suzuki "S" decals.
The other decals on the sides are clear coated and cannot be pealed off. You need to repaint the thank, Contact "color rite" for the paint.
Most people do not bother and live with those decals.

Those are the ones.. the "stripes" if you will... I removed the Warning stickers many moons ago... It looks at though the stripes on the tank are clear coated over... bummer :banghead:

I got rid of all lame-ass decals including warning labels plus such the minute it came home from the dealer. Anyhow I thought this thread is about the stripes on each sides of the tank. I had to look up close and its without a doubt that its clearcoated.???

Those are the ones.. the "stripes" if you will... I removed the Warning stickers many moons ago... It looks at though the stripes on the tank are clear coated over... bummer :banghead:

My apologies for the confusion. I though you meant warning stickers HAHA. yes the stripes are clearcoated. Again sorry.. ill go to the corner now.

My apologies for the confusion. I though you meant warning stickers HAHA. yes the stripes are clearcoated. Again sorry.. ill go to the corner now.

No prob my friend... I honestly forgot about the warning stickers :laugh: i guess the stripes will stay (whether I want them to or not) :whistle:

Back