K8 Hayabusa & Powercommander 3 USB

moochofun

Registered
I have a Powercommander III USB unit fitted to my K8 Hayabusa. I am having trouble with the software, the issue being calibrating the throttle position. I have checked the engine and loom working specifications as per the Suzuki workshop manual and both throttle position sensors are working normally. When I hook the unit up to my lap top, the software picks up the unit and I can get the map from it and send another map to the unit etc.

With the engine running at idle I reset the throttle position in the software as per the instructions in the Dynojet software manual. On initial start up, with no throttle, engine at idle speed etc, the % Throttle value flickers between 4-20. When the throttle is applied, from nothing to full throttle, the % Throttle registers a max value of around 50-60. At a constant 4000rpm (about 20% throttle position), the % Throttle value is 0. Basically, the % Throttle value doesn't represent the position of the throttle. :banghead:

With the ignition on but the engine off, I reset the throttle position in the software. The software now registers a % Throttle value that represents throttle position i.e. half throttle gives a % Throttle value of around 50, full throttle gives a % Throttle value of 100. When the engine is then started the values change and go back to the same situation as before i.e. % Throttle values do not represent the throttle position!

Can anyone help? :please:

Thanks in advance :bowdown:

I know I'm not being much help, but you may wanna contact place you got it from, or contact Dyno Jet themselves, from my experience the yare very good with/ at customer service.

Is the bike fully warmed up when you are doing this....?

It could be the ECU trying to advance the values to the cold start (programmed fast idle) feature or something.....

you dont do it with the bike actually running you do it with the bike in on position and battery installed on the pc....

I have a Powercommander III USB unit fitted to my K8 Hayabusa. I am having trouble with the software, the issue being calibrating the throttle position. I have checked the engine and loom working specifications as per the Suzuki workshop manual and both throttle position sensors are working normally. When I hook the unit up to my lap top, the software picks up the unit and I can get the map from it and send another map to the unit etc.

With the engine running at idle I reset the throttle position in the software as per the instructions in the Dynojet software manual. On initial start up, with no throttle, engine at idle speed etc, the % Throttle value flickers between 4-20. When the throttle is applied, from nothing to full throttle, the % Throttle registers a max value of around 50-60. At a constant 4000rpm (about 20% throttle position), the % Throttle value is 0. Basically, the % Throttle value doesn't represent the position of the throttle. :banghead:

With the ignition on but the engine off, I reset the throttle position in the software. The software now registers a % Throttle value that represents throttle position i.e. half throttle gives a % Throttle value of around 50, full throttle gives a % Throttle value of 100. When the engine is then started the values change and go back to the same situation as before i.e. % Throttle values do not represent the throttle position!

Can anyone help? :please:

Thanks in advance :bowdown:

I'm gonna ask a dumb question before I break the bad news to you. You are spliced into the "bottom" TPS sensor(primary), Correct? Cause there are two, your Primary and Secondary. If this is all correct................
Sorry to tell you this........I think you have a BAD PC3! If you've manually checked your primary TPS per the manual and it checked out good and your spliced into the correct wire(think its the Pink/Blk). I believe your PC is bad(Ran into this problem with my ZX12R) :banghead:
Good News is, dyno-jet is usually real good about either getting you another, or repairing yours! I would definitely call them tomorrow and let them confirm whats wrong, Good Luck. :beerchug:

Back