k8 hayabusa heads up turbo kit??????

mytnikderek12

Registered
new to the hayabusa scene just bought last week with turbo bike in mind saw the rcc kit and seems everyone likes that kit and the customer service is great but just wondering if anyone has used this kit it seem pretty nice and if i can save just a lil bit on base turbo kit i can put more into the motor and supporting mods to make it survive..

i dont wanna say money is no object cause it is but i will take the time to do it right and do it once even it take a few stages to build and takes steps tell me what you guys think i know i will get some good answers.....

cheeers:beerchug:

:welcome: to the org. Why are you going turbo bike so soon after getting a busa?

been into the scene of fast bike since i was 16 so in the past 4 years i have owned 2 600s a zx12 a zx14 and an s1000rr now im looking to the endless mod world of the hayabusa and the fun of a boosted bike.

and i hope i can get all the info i need and hopefully even put it togather myself but im also not agianst letting the men know what they are doing take over haha

Are you talking about Heads Up Performance? Heads Up Performance Home Page

That would be Scott Horner's shop and though I don't know much about his kits, he is a GREAT guy and will take care of you 110%.

If you live close to his shop, I recommend him. :thumbsup:

Scott is a great guy ,
knows his busas and turbos very well
Uses them well too, he landspeed races and has quite a few records to his name .

Hard to beat Richard and his plug and play systems. Apparently Scott does well too.

Just a note when comparing kits, RCC kits come mostly pre-assembled, which if you add that option to Scotts kit brings you to $4095, it also looks like they are an internal gate kit, where the RCC is an external Tial gate, which will allow you to run boost levels as low as 3 psi, and is totally user adjustable, the two kits are likely very close price wise but I would bet with a close comparison using similar parts the RCC kit is cheaper, and more upgradable, the turbo in the RCC kit is good for over 400hp, Gen 2 RCC kits can also be ordered as a direct ECU editor tuned kit,

Richard

Just a note when comparing kits, RCC kits come mostly pre-assembled, which if you add that option to Scotts kit brings you to $4095, it also looks like they are an internal gate kit, where the RCC is an external Tial gate, which will allow you to run boost levels as low as 3 psi, and is totally user adjustable, the two kits are likely very close price wise but I would bet with a close comparison using similar parts the RCC kit is cheaper, and more upgradable, the turbo in the RCC kit is good for over 400hp, Gen 2 RCC kits can also be ordered as a direct ECU editor tuned kit,

Richard

Scott is a great guy, I met him many years ago at a SEMA show in Las Vegas. His kits are Hahn Racecraft turbo kits, using either 16G or 20G Mitsubishi turbos with internal gates, and mild steel exhaust tubing. Do your research! POWERHOUSE sells, installs and tunes RCC turbos, Hahn Racecraft, Velocity, and the occasional Mr. Turbo - although I haven't seen one of those in a while. For over a decade we have sold and installed all of these kits, believe me, I know the difference and there are differences! If money is no object, you definately do NOT want a Hahn turbo for several reasons; however, if you are looking for an entry-level stage one kit that cannot be upgraded easily, Hahn is a good pick. Mild steel is one of the worst materials you can use for a turbo header, and Hahn's headers have a reputation for cracking after about a year. Our best-selling and best-quality off the shelf kit is RCC's turbosystems, hands down. Richard uses stainless throughout, high quality fittings, lines and components, and RCC's kits are warrantied for two years. Nobody can do that except RCC. Whatever you decide on, POWERHOUSE can give you a better price than what you are being quoted, and we - and I think I can speak for RCC as well here - stand beind the sale with technical assitance and customer support well down the road . . .:laugh:

:welcome: I'm only a couple months ahead of you doing the same thing. My 'busa has only rolled from my truck to the garage while I wait for my Rcc stage I. I just went down this road when I started looking into turboing my ZX11. This is Hayabusa heaven so maybe some folk forget there are other bikes that know how to get out of their own way:rofl:

Thanks for all the great info guys as I am in chicago I'L I think I'm either limited to sending my bike out to get some great work done as I cannot seem to find and good performance shops here the only one I know about is rage racing and I can't seeem to find anyone using them.

I will probably go with rcc kit as I wanna build once and right will like to even wossner rods and pistons with some head work..

Powerhouse what kinda installed price is general on a stage 2 rcc kit.

been into the scene of fast bike since i was 16 so in the past 4 years i have owned 2 600s a zx12 a zx14 and an s1000rr now im looking to the endless mod world of the hayabusa and the fun of a boosted bike.

As an aside.....what did you think of the BMW racer ?
Interested to know how it fairs against a stock busa or a gsxr1000 ?

Have you been in a position to compare a run with either of these machines ?

No not yet I mean the bmw was so easy and fast stock but I don't think it has much left in it unless u turbo it and even than you will definantly be able to get more out of the busa still. I will let you know when I get to ride it and flog it out

Bump to keep a thread about a Busa in the top 5!

Sounds like you've got a great little project in the works there, I'd love to see a build thread detailing how it all comes together in the future!

Throw up some pics of the girl, no one ever complains about more pictures!

I will definantly post up some pics I don't know where I wana start my build yet.. for me my options are yu know lower and stretch for some control...

Than build up my motor as this will be 99% street ridden I want it to last than put the turbo kit on.. wanna do stages as I wll most likely not have 20k at one time to do everything at once..

What you guys think would be the best way to go about putting those 3 steps in order??

Personally I'd get the suspension sorted long before I worried about adding serious power...the bike's plenty fast outta the box imo, but better suspension/braking will really pay dividends later down the road.

Yea that's what I was gonna go with first atleast...but cing as the bike can handle decent boost without engine mods would it be better to get turbo and slowly get parts and then next winter build the motor or build motor than next winter get turbo

Here are some picks as requested bike has 6166 miles on it very low and only set me back 9k from local dealer it is an 08.

2013-02-05 11.17.38.jpg

2013-02-05 11.17.24.jpg

2013-02-05 11.18.03.jpg

Back