K8 exhaust "popping"

Iowadiver

Registered
I was talking to a guy last fall that mentioned a mod. he bought from Brock's that was a simple install into the exhaust up near the headder that is supposed to eliminate the terrible popping/crackling sounds emitted from a non-stock exhaust setup.... can't remember what it is called, but would like to do it... he said it cost around $80... anyone know what this is?

If it was last fall he was probably talking about the pair valve mod on the 99-07 bikes. Brock has a block off kit, as do many others that allow you to remove the pair valve and block the holes with small plates. The 08 system is different though.

There was also the marble mod which effectively disables the pair valve, but again, I don't know if that works on the 08s.

Most people don't have problems with popping unless they've replaced the stock mufflers.

Someone with an 08 will chime in today with more info I am sure.

I was talking to a guy last fall that mentioned a mod. he bought from Brock's that was a simple install into the exhaust up near the headder that is supposed to eliminate the terrible popping/crackling sounds emitted from a non-stock exhaust setup.... can't remember what it is called, but would like to do it... he said it cost around $80... anyone know what this is?
You can just cap it off on the airbox. I highly doubt brocks will charge you 80 bucks for a small piece of rubber. You can get similar caps at Advance Autoparts or just give brocks a call. They normally send them out with their exhaust systems.

http://www.brockracing.com/Instructions/S1308-PAIR%20VALVE%20MOD.pdf

If that's all it is, that cap is less than a buck at Lowes or HomeDepot.

But that's assuming you've removed the pair assy or whatever it is on the 08.

good info.. anybody with an 08' done this? I have a set of two bros after market slip ons... I assume this is where the popping is coming from.

Back