k8 busa and yosh .. power commander y/n??

hollandipiranha

Registered
I was thinking of putting a full yosh system on my 08 busa. Had it all priced out ready to go and the sales guy says "oh ya, btw your going to need a power commander as well". He tells me the bike won't run right without it. I'm wondering has anyone put a full R77 cf system on there bike without a power commander. If so did it run ok??

deadhorse.gif
search is your friend

Mine is set up like you describe and has run faultlessly for the past 6000kms - save your money for gas
laugh.gif

oh and welcome
thumb_up.gif

Full Yosi Carbon with the PCIII and the Full Yosi map.... A/F is dead nuts and at over 5000' there was only 1 other bike that pulled a higher HP... The dealers Busa drag bike.

dynosm.jpg

I am getting ready to put either a Yosh R77 full or Tsukigi and I will definately have a Power Commander installed.
thumb_up.gif

RonB

Looking at the Dyno run above... Where do you see that a custom map will make that A/F better than it is? That's the Full yosi map with stock air filter for the 08 Busa... It just doesn't get any better than that
ThumbsUp.gif

My 05 has all the go fast goodies, no power comander. My local tuner tunes the factory computer with a Tek box. He charges $45.00 for a tune. Allot cheaper than buying the Power Commander. Not all tuners use the TEK box mine has been tuning Suzuki's like this for years. This is my 2nd bike he has tuned this way and all I can tell you it flat out fly's. So this is what I like about tuning the computer: No high cost of a Power Comander and don't have to deal with more wires
smile.gif

Heat

I have a full Yosh TRC and I ran it without a PCIII since last April and it ran great. I just put a PCIII on it last week. Now it runs BETTER. You won't believe the throttle response. I bought the exhaust and PCIII from morepoweracing.com they was the cheapest I found. I got the Yosh for $784 and the PCIII was $274, free shipping on both of them. GONE

You would deffinatly want to get a PC, unless you want to lose power. You may think it runs fine, that is until you finally put a PC on it and realize how much of a difference it will make. Trust me, tuning is your best friend. You cant expect to make a major change like new headers and exhaust and expect your bike to run at peak performance with the factory tune....ment to run with the factory exhaust and header on it.

Heat

I have a full Yosh TRC and I ran it without a PCIII since last April and it ran great. I just put a PCIII on it last week. Now it runs BETTER. You won't believe the throttle response. I bought the exhaust and PCIII from morepoweracing.com they was the cheapest I found. I got the Yosh for $784 and the PCIII was $274, free shipping on both of them. GONE

PCIII is way cheaper @ fuel Moto, and TECH SUPPORT is AWESOME.

My 05 busa and my 08 busa full Yosh exhaust and instead of power commander had the factory computer re-programmed from Guard Speed Shop. Suzuki is the only bike that you can program the computer without a power commander just like the race teams do. Save your money and find a tuner that can flash the factory bike. If you lived in Virginia you could use my tuner. In fact if you bring him a bike with a power commander the first thing he does it pull it off and tells you to sell it on Ebay. He does GSXR's the same way. Also he only charges 75.00 to rework your computer :) and the money you save you can buy something else.

Back