k8 1" raising links

On the gen 1 it is the Sv650 links. The swing arm is identical, so it should be the same. However, this is purely conjecture.

I have a question about raising the bike, if lowering negetivly effects the handling and makes it turn worse does raising it help it turn better?

I have a question about raising the bike, if lowering negetivly effects the handling and makes it turn worse does raising it help it turn better?

yes it does...in a few ways. 1. you ahve more ground clearance. 2. you're giving the swingarm a slight angle chnge and in turn shortening the wheelbase (it's a very slight change but a change nonetheless). and 3. you're putting thw mass of the bike further from the ground, so when you lean the combined center of mass belonging to you and the bike will extend further from the wheel to street contact point. All that means more turn for less lean. all are minor changes but it adds up to a noticable difference in handling:thumbsup:

Don't forget that the front rake changes as well. Again, only slightly.

By raising the rear you decrease both rake and trail. This decrease is what causes the increased ease of turn in. The same thing can be realized by raising the fork tubes in the triple clamps. The disadvantage to this method is you reduce ground clearance and on the Busa you need to replace the plate the handlebars attach to.

good read
http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0310_art/index.html

cheers
ken

Last edited:
I have been running the 1" raised links in the rear now for several weeks. It is much more responsive in corners. It requires less man-handling of the bike to get it leaned over.

The SV650 links are not the proper length on the Gen 2 Busas. I got my raised links from Burkhart Racing. They are inexpensive, and the payoff is way worth more than the time it takes to change them out.

Does raising 1" make the Gen II more prone to parking lot tip-overs? How do you guys find the kickstand height after raising your bikes?

Jeff, what are you up too? I thought your bike was lowered a bit?

no it was stock height when you saw it, I just had the nose strapped down in GIT IT!! mode...I like the sporty look of the high tail far to much to ever lower it. though i'm thinking of lowering the front 1" after I raise the butt...should give me the look I like:thumbsup:

The SV650 links are not the proper length on the Gen 2 Busas. I got my raised links from Burkhart Racing. They are inexpensive, and the payoff is way worth more than the time it takes to change them out.

Not the same! please make a note of it. Lamb wonders what was changed in that part of the linkage from the gen 1 and gen 2.

Not sure what the change was. We bought my wife a 2008 SV650, and after installing lowering links on the SV, because she is short, I tried to use the OEM SV links on my 2008 Busa. No dice.

Keep in mind that raising the rear also transfers more weight to the front. Not a big deal until you close the throttle a little mid turn and tuck the front. the stock setup is typically a good "safe" balance. Throw that balance off too far and you will have a touchy monster on your hands.

Back