K7 GSXR1000 gauge cluster pin ID

fast_pace77

Registered
I posted on gixxer.com with no avail.

I'm putting a K7 1000 gauge cluster on my gen1 and I need the pin #'s for the 1000's gauge cluster.

Anyone have a 1000 that they can take a picture of where their color pins are so I know where to repin my busa connector. I have all the research done but just need to know OEM locations of the 1000's cluster or the pin #s and their corresponding colors.

I know it's a long shot here but Thank u

If you can still find a working service manual link here, that also has links to gsxr's on the same page.
You can get the pin out for both bikes in the service manuals.

The service manual for the k7 1000 does not reference pin #'s unfortunately, and the order or the wires in the connector are not for sure relative to the diagram. If that makes sense.
After further research, i need a picture... :/

The service manual for the k7 1000 does not reference pin #'s unfortunately, and the order or the wires in the connector are not for sure relative to the diagram. If that makes sense.
After further research, i need a picture... :/

Yeah, it does.
Been there, done that.
Sorry, I'm no help.

I like those color coated diagram but Google images is not very promising.
Like the pic says k7 1000 diagram but then below it it says other models. Then I click on it and it asks to make an account.
I finally found a harness on Ebay and screenshot the connector wiring. But it looks like the connector was changed in 07'. I may have to buy the harness for it just for the connector.
Uggghhh

I like those color coated diagram but Google images is not very promising.
Like the pic says k7 1000 diagram but then below it it says other models. Then I click on it and it asks to make an account.
I finally found a harness on Ebay and screenshot the connector wiring. But it looks like the connector was changed in 07'. I may have to buy the harness for it just for the connector.
Uggghhh

That sucks, and now you're under pressure, as we wanna see the guage swap...with details.

Update:
Ordered a harness for the k7 1000 and also the upper bracket stay which holds the cluster.
I will be modifying this to mount on the busa as it was designed to hold the oem 1000 gauge cluster in place with the rubber grommets and bolt.

Update:
A little bit of testing and it's figured out. At least to make it operational. After setting up the test station, it was literally the easiest thing ever. Nearly all the colors match up.

If anyone wants to install a K7 GSXR10000 gauge cluster on their GEN 1 BUSA, the wiring is as follows.

The directions below state the Busa's wiring color first - then the gsxr1000 harness color second:
Constant 12v: Red ~ Red/Blue Stripe
Ignition: Orange/ Yellow stripe ~ Orange/ Green Stripe
Neutral light: Blue ~ blue
Tachometer: Yellow/ blue strip ~ yellow/ blue stripe
Speed sensor (1): Pink ~ Pink
Speed sensor (2): Black/ Red stripe ~ Black/ Red stripe
Fuel Gauge: Black/ light green stripe ~ Black/ light green stripe
FI light (to ECU): Black/ dark green stripe ~ Black/ dark green stripe

Turn signals and high beam indicator light i can't remember the color for and i'm not running back downstairs right now to get them. If you've gotten this far, you'll figure it out... it's 3 more wires...

A few questions still to come:

Fuel gauge:
I've heard that the fuel gauge sender is opposite on the k7 1000 from the Busa - meaning full would be empty and empty would be full. Upon my initial test today, the gas tank was obviously in the lifted position and also i'm not sure how much fuel was in there, but the light was flashing. On the K7 1000, this would mean below 1 gallon remaining. Again, not sure if that's accurate right now. After i get the bracket made for the gauge cluster and light i will be able to test drive it. I'll fill up the gas right away and see how far it gets me.

Coolant temp: Gauge read 116' DIGITALLY after a few minutes of running. It may be working perfectly. We will see.

FI Light: The FI light said CHECK when ignition on/ engine off - as it should. The airbox was off so I have the FI light on but the only codes present were the airbox. Not patching it back together yet, so this is the note to answer this question later.

Tachometer: Tach works perfectly. My note in this regard is about the shift light. I'm pretty sure I can program a shift light now. I will be testing this soon!

Speedo: Up on the rear stand, I had approx 1300rpm idle in first gear and the DIGITAL gauge read 9mph. This seems correct, but I will be GPS testing it afterwards.

This about wraps it up for now. This was an easy swap. i'm also putting and extra connector in the mix so I can have more points to remove it if needed.

I made the wiring harness custom on this bike with a 'bare bones' harness and a 'lighting' harness. I can remove all the lights along with a harness the runs on the opposite side of the bike. Makes for easier track day transitions and also allowed me to tuck the whole harness behind the frame for the streetfighter conversion.

Be back later

20200329_170828.jpg

So i found a way to mount to gauge cluster without fab'ing a bracket.

I don't use an ignition switch because of the Smart feature I have on the bike (my phone is the key) so I screwed it in to the right side bottom hole of the ignition switch mounts. Used a security bolt. I'll end up making a bracket anyway, but this will get me on the road soon!

Couple pics of the headlight as well..

i'll stick to the main topic of the wiring for this thread tho, no updates there yet

20200329_195401.jpg

20200329_195427.jpg

20200329_195504.jpg

20200329_195517.jpg

Alright, so a few questions... Here is the sequence..
Key on, gauge cluster says "CHECK"
ignition on, gauge cluster says nothing - just the coolant temp.
Engine on, FI light on and says "CODE"

two codes:
C93 & C38

My concerns.. I can't find anything on either of those codes from a Gen1 Busa... Although i have found the C93 code on the k7 gsxr1000... Steering dampener solenoid.. Of course, the Busa doesn't have that one. On the gauge cluster there is no dedicated wire for the steering dampener solenoid that I could find, so I think the gauge cluster itself is throwing that code..??..

isn't C38 a secondary injector code for #3 ... !?!? Aren't there only 1 set of injectors for gen1 Busa's?

Need help!

Back