K1300S vs Busa, and the winner is ....

What about handling?!!?! This was a biggie for me.

Well, you probably have something on reliability - I've heard stories, though I have also heard the motors last longer than jap bikes and you can keep a beemer for 200K miles... I will probably never keep a bike long enough to know that.

You definitely have something with Busa riders being cooler... much better, err existent community 'round here. Crickets in the beemer forums mostly - and they aren't generally very cool. :whistle:

Stickin' with the K, nonetheless.

you can keep a beamer for 200K miles, if you are the classic beamer rider (long rides, 55mph/h, no strong accelerations etc)...Ahh!! we forgot the maintance!:poke:.
I have had no handling issues with my haya/ 2 days ago i met a guy with a 1300 s and i asked him if he is satisfied with his bike. he told me, it is the best bike in the world!!if you feel like this, it is ok to me!!:cheerleader:

Just my opinion, the Busa isn't "faster" enough to really care about the difference. I have more fun on the K.

Not saying this stuff to cause an uproar, just for those that may be considering the K or just want another opinion.

As I have said before in another thread, I could be *totally* happy with a much cheaper Busa... totally justifiable.

While I'm not saying I wouldn't have fun on the K...I have fun with anything on
two wheels (almost) but...for me one of the biggest thrills is the low end
stump pulling any gear grunt of the beast. Most times I don't even downshift,
just let her pull...all other bikes pale in this feat compaired to the bus including
the K and the zx14.

Am I spoiled, very much so yes...I need a bike with big fat torque curve that
starts way down low and goes all the way to insane...:thumbsup:

Many have challenged the ‘Busa, but so far none have succeeded. Considering the levels of legal intervention that loom on the horizon, who knows if any ever will? For now, all hail the mighty Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa, the undisputed Hyperbike King

.......what they said................

While I'm not saying I wouldn't have fun on the K...I have fun with anything on
two wheels (almost) but...for me one of the biggest thrills is the low end
stump pulling any gear grunt of the beast. Most times I don't even downshift,
just let her pull...all other bikes pale in this feat compaired to the bus including
the K and the zx14.

Am I spoiled, very much so yes...I need a bike with big fat torque curve that
starts way down low and goes all the way to insane...:thumbsup:

The Busa, pulls (slightly) harder, but to say the K (or zx14) pales in comparison is just downright goofy. Remember, I owned a Busa. The K pulls darn near close in comparison actually. Ever ridden a K or ZX14?

you can keep a beamer for 200K miles, if you are the classic beamer rider (long rides, 55mph/h, no strong accelerations etc)...Ahh!! we forgot the maintance!:poke:.
I have had no handling issues with my haya/ 2 days ago i met a guy with a 1300 s and i asked him if he is satisfied with his bike. he told me, it is the best bike in the world!!if you feel like this, it is ok to me!!:cheerleader:

I know what you mean about not having handling issues... sorta. I had to work much harder in the twisities compared to my liter (or below) bike friends. I don't have to with the K at all - it turns itself.

But, when I had the Busa, I was able to manage fine.

I really can't say about the longevity of the beemer (or any other bike). I am sure the beemer is pricier in all ways - no question there.

I know what you mean about not having handling issues... sorta. I had to work much harder in the twisities compared to my liter (or below) bike friends. I don't have to with the K at all - it turns itself.

But, when I had the Busa, I was able to manage fine.

I really can't say about the longevity of the beemer (or any other bike). I am sure the beemer is pricier in all ways - no question there.

of course you must work more in the twisties!! This is physics...i remember my gsxr1000 (..the most uncomfotrable bike i va ever had...)Excellent.
I am not convinced that the k is soooo good on turns, but you are the first one that states something like this..so i will have my eyes and ears open to listen others..
the bmws were considered reliable because the owners....they do not ride, but just cruize..

What about handling?!!?! This was a biggie for me.

Well, you probably have something on reliability - I've heard stories, though I have also heard the motors last longer than jap bikes and you can keep a beemer for 200K miles... I will probably never keep a bike long enough to know that.

You definitely have something with Busa riders being cooler... much better, err existent community 'round here. Crickets in the beemer forums mostly - and they aren't generally very cool. :whistle:

Stickin' with the K, nonetheless.

The legendary mileage really goes back to the air head boxers but that doesn't mean the oil head boxers or the newer inline fours will be any different. I don't expect my Suzukis to be any different in that respect. Time will tell.

Glad you are digging the BMW. That K bike inline four is still fairly new and building a following but the GS adventure bike forums are quite good with some great how-to on common maintenance, etc. The boxer twin guys can be some hard core fanatics. I really like the GS but I had some lackluster experiences with my R1110S and the BMW dealers that I happened use (there are some great dealers as well). Also, they were having some issues with transmissions and final drives with the GS that I didn't want to deal with.

BMW has stepped up their game with the new inline fours and appears to realize it makes sense to try to please the American market.

Ride safely and don't forget to wave at passing Hayabusas. :thumbsup:

a friend of mine, a few years ago asked me...

-Do you know why the people with the BMWs seem to go so fast on twisties?
and he replied...
_ Because..they have no idea what is going on under their wheels with these paralever/telelever
:rofl::rofl:

I believe that bmws are legendary bikes, but not superbikes!! They need a lot of experience and failures...to grow up.

Their best to me?? R1200R, it reminds me my cb1 400 and cb1 1300 which should be imported in the States! Is anybody in the Honda listening???:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

The legendary mileage really goes back to the air head boxers but that doesn't mean the oil head boxers or the newer inline fours will be any different. I don't expect my Suzukis to be any different in that respect. Time will tell.

Glad you are digging the BMW. That K bike inline four is still fairly new and building a following but the GS adventure bike forums are quite good with some great how-to on common maintenance, etc. The boxer twin guys can be some hard core fanatics. I really like the GS but I had some lackluster experiences with my R1110S and the BMW dealers that I happened use (there are some great dealers as well). Also, they were having some issues with transmissions and final drives with the GS that I didn't want to deal with.

BMW has stepped up their game with the new inline fours and appears to realize it makes sense to try to please the American market.

Ride safely and don't forget to wave at passing Hayabusas. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info... we'll see how the K fairs over time.

I'll still hangout here though from time to time. :)

a friend of mine, a few years ago asked me...

-Do you know why the people with the BMWs seem to go so fast on twisties?
and he replied...
_ Because..they have no idea what is going on under their wheels with these paralever/telelever
:rofl::rofl:

I believe that bmws are legendary bikes, but not superbikes!! They need a lot of experience and failures...to grow up.

Their best to me?? R1200R, it reminds me my cb1 400 and cb1 1300 which should be imported in the States! Is anybody in the Honda listening???:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

hahaha, good joke.. I've heard that about the suspension system...

I think BMW is known for touring bikes. Sorta new in the sport bike market, relatively speaking, right?

I heard that the folks that designed the gearbox for the Bugatti Veyron designed the K's motor. Heard that? Pretty cool.

Let us hope that K will do more sales that Buggati.. since i do not see a lot of Ks here south..:rofl::rofl:

However, it is very nice people to support all the kinds of hyperbikes like haya and k, otherwise life was goint to be too boring:beerchug:

The Busa, pulls (slightly) harder, but to say the K (or zx14) pales in comparison is just downright goofy. Remember, I owned a Busa. The K pulls darn near close in comparison actually. Ever ridden a K or ZX14?

Yeah....I've ridden a K before and ridden a 14 many times...down low neither pulls
like the Bus...Oh they'll both go once you get the rpm up a bit but down low...
yeah..they pale.

I remember reading an article on the 14 when it came out against a Gen I and
the author wrote something very closely along the lines of, "the 14 is a quick bike
but you do not want to get into 3rd gear roll ons for pinks slips with a Busa".
Kinda says it nicely...

I have not ridden the new 1300 version.

They are both great bikes period in their own right. I like the 14 a lot, very smooth
bike, great brakes, nice tranny tons of SMOOTH power.

Love the K to but price...price..price. Not knocking anybody's choice.

Just for grins, here is a pic of my old R1100S. I liked the looks of this bike and rode it alot, but in the end it was neither fish nor fowl. Not a great sport bike and not great for touring.

I went to a GSX-R1000 from this and never looked back. Lost 100 lbs, gained 60 hp, and increased (yes increased) comfort level. It was one of those "why did I wait so long to do this" moments. I've been a big believer in Suzuki sporting machines ever since.

IMG003.JPG

Any dyno numbers on the new 1000RR....?

I know they arrived stateside and people took delivery this week... :beerchug:

No offense but that's a pre-production bike. I want to see what a owner delivered bike pulls... ;)

i cannot believe that bmw can do this/ but even if this ss can, it will not last long... while our suzukis last forever. However, congrts to them anf good luck on the road???

Back