K&N Microns, and PCIII ????

Furball

Registered
Been trying to find some info out and everytime I do a search I end up learning about something totally different...Anyway, I just wanted some of the experts around to give me their advice...I have an 04 Busa with a bunch of dress up goodies and I also have a set of Micron bolt on cans and a K&N air filter....my question is:

Would I benefit from getting a PC3 installed....will it make any power difference or drivability difference....or is the bike fine with both of these with the stock map? If I did get the PC3 what would the HP gains be, and what would the gains be if I modded the airbox....Not sure what I am going to do...

Right now I just have the Microns on and the K&N is coming....Stock filter is still good so I am in no hurry....but just wanted some opinions....I have seen a bunch of guys say a PC3 is useless without a full exhaust....but I am definitely keeping my dual Microns....thanks in advance...

Power Commanders even make a diff. on an all stock bike. You will def. benefit by adding one if you have someone that can set/tune/map it for ya. HP gains will be minimal, but the smoothness/driveability will be better

I noticed there is no map for Micron bolt ons....would a Yosh slip on map be similar or would getting the bike dyno tuned be worth it....there is a shop in town that seems to be good with setting up maps, but there is no dyno....I'll look into it....

Power Commanders even make a diff. on an all stock bike. You will def. benefit by adding one if you have someone that can set/tune/map it for ya. HP gains will be minimal, but the smoothness/driveability will be better
What he said
biggrin.gif

I'm taking mine to Johnny Cheese next month for a little custom tuning. Hope to smooth things out and get all the performance I can out of her. Not really looking for HP gain, but smoothness over the entire range.

Only end cans and a K&N along with the PC3 should give you only about 2-3 HP increase... now that is hardly noticeable when you ride the bike!!

...So if you want some real power, its advisable to go for a full system. On the flip side... if you install a PC3 on bolt-on's it does smooth out the power delivery of your vehicle. But there is no harm running without the PC3 either... if you just have the bolt-on's

Thanks guys...I may wait a while and save the $$$ for the PC3....I am going to wait for BigBS to get his map and see what gains and how smooth it rides....Right now with the cans the bike is fine....and I am going to be putting the K&N in soon....still like the dual pipes so a full system will not be an option....That is crappy that only 2-3 HP with a PC3 and the cans....Still have much to think about....thanks for the advice though

Back