K&N AIR FILTER

Giovanny

Registered
I know there are a few threads on this but it seems there are many mixed reviews on this, But I still would like to ask.
I recently got a good deal on a gen2 K&N air filter for 20$ from dealer Christmas deals and was thinking on installing it, will I need to do a tune after I install it?
what do you guys think on adding a K&N air filter? and every how many miles do you guys clean it out on?

No tune needed . Just do not tap it out on anything hard or you will crack the plastic surrounding the filter media . I clean mine every 3 to 5 thousand miles when its convenient. Ram air , bugs , and dusty times of year make it get dirty quick . I have two filters I rotate to make my change out easy . One was free with a parts bike. the other bought used on E bay for $15 .

No tune needed . Just do not tap it out on anything hard or you will crack the plastic surrounding the filter media . I clean mine every 3 to 5 thousand miles when its convenient. Ram air , bugs , and dusty times of year make it get dirty quick . I have two filters I rotate to make my change out easy . One was free with a parts bike. the other bought used on E bay for $15 .
THANK YOU for the helpful info, I will install it this weekend.

Ι am using, the DNA air filter.
Don't underestimate it is Greek, it is one of the best filters on the market, and has a great deal of experience in Greece. Excellent quality, and can do high horsepower with a good full exhaust system (setup in Dyno)
Here are some features

Features
Make: Suzuki
OEM Air Filter Air Flow: 113.90 CFM
DNA Air Filter Air Flow: 144.30 CFM
DNA Increased Air Flow: 27.00%
DNA Filtering Efficiency: 98-99%

Product Information
  • This filter features DNA's advanced FCd (Full Contour design).
  • Installation of this DNA Air filter is very easy, simply follow the installation instructions included in the SUZUKI workshop manual.
  • The filtering efficiency is extremely high at 98-99% filtering efficiency, with 4 layers of DNA Cotton.
  • The flow of this DNA Fcd filter is very high, 27.00% more than the SUZUKI stock paper filter!
  • DNA Fcd air filter flow: 144.30 CFM (Cubic feet per minute) @1,5"H2O corrected @ 25degrees Celsius.
  • Suzuki stock paper filter: 113.90CFM (Cubic feet per minute) @1,5"H2O corrected @ 25degrees Celsius.
  • This DNA filter is designed as a High flow filter for road and race use.
Suzuki GSXR 1300 Hayabusa (08-17) DNA Air Filter - OEM Air Filter Air Flow: 113.90 CFM, DNA Air Filter Air Flow: 144.30 CFM - P-S13S08-0R - DNA Filters - Product Details -

suzuki-gsxr-1300-hayabusa-99-07-dna-air-filter.jpg

Last edited:
See this video DNA vs K&N

I see DNA is of the same design as K&N using cotton in oil . One thing to note in their video is the filter pleat count is less for DNA over stock , and K&N . This gives the higher CFM seen on the flow bench while still maintains good filter capability due to the oil soaked cotton .

K&N RD is just mas production today . Looks more like DNA took K&N design , and do a better RnD per model to get great flow with filtering .

I see DNA is of the same design as K&N using cotton in oil . One thing to note in their video is the filter pleat count is less for DNA over stock , and K&N . This gives the higher CFM seen on the flow bench while still maintains good filter capability due to the oil soaked cotton .

K&N RD is just mas production today . Looks more like DNA took K&N design , and do a better RnD per model to get great flow with filtering .
That's right you say Bryan, I just wanted to convey my experience, (I don't mind being a Greek product) is a really good air filter, and if it doesn't cost expensive in America, I'd suggest you try it.

Since red resurrected this thread I was curious if you were running the kn filter with your full exhaust before your tune Bryan? Been wanting to get a kn filter but with my full exhaust im worried I'll be running too lean but I thought u said yours was showing lean on its baseline pull.

Since red resurrected this thread I was curious if you were running the kn filter with your full exhaust before your tune Bryan? Been wanting to get a kn filter but with my full exhaust im worried I'll be running too lean but I thought u said yours was showing lean on its baseline pull.
I have had the filter since slip ons to full exhaust before the tune . It was rich on base line run . Maybe @Boosted Cycle Perf can pull up my 1st ever pre tune run .

I have had the filter since slip ons to full exhaust before the tune . It was rich on base line run . Maybe @Boosted Cycle Perf can pull up my 1st ever pre tune run .
Didn't you have your ecu flashed by @Boosted Cycle Perf as well?? If so @Boosted Cycle Perf do you make any changes besides the usual fuel map copy from the higher gears that most do that would have made rj more on the rich side?? Not asking for your secrets :laugh: , but just curious if I'll be good throwing the filter in before my tune.

Back