K-8 busa against the new zx-14r

topgun61

Registered
Has anyone had the chance to race the new 2012 zx-14r, and if so what was the verdict, on the street or track.

All things being equal, stock for stock the Busa doesn't have a chance. One member on here has gone into the 8.50's on pump gas on the new 14.

I don't see a time on that video. The video cuts off right as the time is about to come up. Wonder why that is.....???

I don't see a time on that video. The video cuts off right as the time is about to come up. Wonder why that is.....???

I didn't watch the video, but there are several people getting times like that on stock motor bikes.

That is because most guys at test and tune run N/T as i do when testing ... But i posted the time slips for you to see .. You and anyone else are welcome to see it run at BMP next Thursday night test and tune .. :beerchug:

IMG_0054.jpg

That is because most guys at test and tune run N/T as i do when testing ... But i posted the time slips for you to see .. You and anyone else are welcome to see it run at BMP next Thursday night test and tune .. :beerchug:

IMG_0054.jpg

Nice times!!

I ran against a new 2012 14 in Vegas all weekend (it's my buddies) he just got it only has 450 miles on it or so. My 08 out ran him every time. He does have 60lbs on me tho so it's not really apples to apples. I was expecting to loose to him all weekend, but it didn't happen :-)

I ran against a new 2012 14 in Vegas all weekend (it's my buddies) he just got it only has 450 miles on it or so. My 08 out ran him every time. He does have 60lbs on me tho so it's not really apples to apples. I was expecting to loose to him all weekend, but it didn't happen :-)

Are your bikes setup equal, same wheelbase and on motor no pipes or tuning? I would say with 450 miles he hasn't gotten a bit of track seat time or got it all setup for himself. Glad you beat him but watch out it won't be that way for long.

Are your bikes setup equal, same wheelbase and on motor no pipes or tuning? I would say with 450 miles he hasn't gotten a bit of track seat time or got it all setup for himself. Glad you beat him but watch out it won't be that way for long.

Yes, other than I have full Yosh R77 with ECU tune, other than that, I'm stock gearing and all. He's all stock for now..... It won't be for long, as he didn't care for getting beat by me all weekend ;-). Your 100% correct tho, once he has more seat time, it will be a better race.

So far everything I have read says the ZX will stomp the Busa, Same rider skills and close weight of the riders..
Got a few ZX 14 locals but have not seen then run,
Mike

Well even with the testing done by professionals the 2012 ZX-14 was only like 0.2 faster in the 1/4mile. With this being said the average rider will either never see the difference or not be good enough to take advantage of the extra power from the engine. So getting beat is still highly likely.

IMG_0054.jpg

Yup on the street it will be all rider just like with the BMW. Power ain't everything if you can't ride. But I can tell you i ain't keeping up with this guy!!!!!! :D again great job 1300hemibusa :thumbup:

Well even with the testing done by professionals the 2012 ZX-14 was only like 0.2 faster in the 1/4mile. With this being said the average rider will either never see the difference or not be good enough to take advantage of the extra power from the engine. So getting beat is still highly likely.

I've never made a single pass in a drag race, but I'll tell you the difference in power in noticeable even on the street. The first time I rode a 2012 ZX-14R then got back on my Busa, I immediately bogged her down in 2nd gear. They aren't worlds apart, but the new bike leaves no question that it is stronger.

IMG_0054.jpg
Lee I'm glad your getting back healthy and riding that 14R the way it needs to be ridden :thumbsup:

Lee will run anything fast, whether its mopar, 14R, or busa :laugh:

Back