Justice? For?

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Two years ago a 13 year old set fire to a local library in which two fire fighters were killed. Today @ 15 he was ‘sentenced‘ to up to six months in juvenile hall, that’s right, up to six months in the hall, plus community service, 8-10 months of probation and he has to write apology letters to the victims family. Two died, but that’s his sentence.

Tough situation for sure. What would your sentence be if it was up to you?
Not that it really matters but what’s his history? First offense? Jr thug wanna be? Gang banger? Good kid who just made the first and worst mistake of his life? Got a link to original story?

Edit: I see it.

Even though its Cali I’m not sure many states charge 13yr olds as adults. Seems they started the fire on purpose and even though two FFs died as a result its not like they intentionally murdered them like shooting them or something. As minors we don’t even know their names so we cant really guess at race. That really wouldnt matter anyway I guess. Does seem like manslaughter would be fair and something stiffer than a few months in juvie and an apology letter is called for though.

Last edited:
Reactions: pcs
Huge problem at the moment at least in the western world 2 14 year old's in a stolen car hit and killed a 59 year old male riding his scooter in Queensland recently and its a problem in other states of OZ also Not sure what the solution ? is but a good place to start I think is with the parents tyring to bring up there kids with love and respect ? ? :thumbsup:

parents got a good attorney team to represent them? from reading up on the laws, murder charges aren’t happening. i could see manslaughter if a person inside the building had died but the fire fighters rushing into the building after it was set a blast by the kids. not likely. i don’t agree with the sentencing but i also don’t think the state would meet the burden of proof for murder or manslaughter in this situation.

Back