Just wanted to shed some tears with my fellow busa riders.

Some very good advice some bad advice, only you can make that decision.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

if you get rid of her "mona" you might not ever get a chance to get another, just saying...

anyways congrats on the wedding plans, sounds like you have a good girl...

So your gf does NOT want you to sell the bike? Why not sell the Maurauder only and have Mona for the both of you to enjoy the sport, and ride togeher?

You say you will get another bike in 2013, guess what is going to happen? Next you look at buying a house, or paying for college, or having a baby, life will very possibly delay getting another bike and soon riding may just be a memory for the both of you. A family that rides together has more fun. Do you see motorcycles in front of a psychiatrist office...no because riding is its own therapy, it has a way of making things better.

I agree a great wife is better than a bike, but she does not want you to sell Mona so keep both wonderful ladies.

So your gf does NOT want you to sell the bike? Why not sell the Maurauder only and have Mona for the both of you to enjoy the sport, and ride togeher?

You say you will get another bike in 2013, guess what is going to happen? Next you look at buying a house, or paying for college, or having a baby, life will very possibly delay getting another bike and soon riding may just be a memory for the both of you. A family that rides together has more fun. Do you see motorcycles in front of a psychiatrist office...no because riding is its own therapy, it has a way of making things better.

I agree a great wife is better than a bike, but she does not want you to sell Mona so keep both wonderful ladies.

+1000

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Ask yourself, what is worse, the pain of regret or the pain of discipline? I prefer never to regret, and if you sell the bike, you will regret it. I know, I sold a 1974 Honda CB750 that I had for nearly 20 years. I can't tell you where the money from that sale went, however, I can tell you that I think of that bike and all I went through on it, I think of that and regret it very often.

Be disciplined and find a way to keep it and still get married, there are many options.

Oh, one more word of wisdom... women are also a dime-a-dozen...

Congrats on the wedding, :rulez:
All the ideas and suggestions on this site; I know darn well somebody has a solution to get married and keep the busa. Keep looking for an answer and you will find it. :banghead:

dont sell her, even if you plan o getting another busa, even if you plan on getting another busa of the same year and color, it wont be your baby, i miss my old jeep yj, she was my first vehicle and i regret trading her in, even if i were to get another blue 1994 jeep yj, with a 4 banger,, same lift, same shackles, same pink shock boots,same tires on same rims, it just wouldnt be my jeep, you sound like you hae a lot of attachment to mona, and i think you should try and work it so you can keep her

congrats! too bad you gotta sell the bike. im sure there is more to the story than what was posted. either way i hope the sale of your bike will start a new dream that will grow.

Hmmmmmmmmm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, If you can't afford a bike are you sure you can afford a wife? :dunno:

What do you mean afford the bike? It's paid for in cash. It's affording the wedding... An actual wedding.. Not a JOP marrage.. Followed by a real honeymoon. Although I do have too many hobbies in my life.. Between guns, cars and my bike.. lol.. Oh wait.. she's not a hobby.. hmmm... maybe you have a point.. lol.. naw.. just kiddin..

and if she gets the itch for a ride on the busa I could always take her :hide:

I thought you were gonna be a buddy and just throw me your keys.. lol

Well we already have a house, I already have a daughter going to collage, and she has an 8 year old, but no more kids. The Marauder will only pull about half of what the busa will pull. Although she does want me to explore other options before I just sell her.. So we'll see.

Ask yourself, what is worse, the pain of regret or the pain of discipline? I prefer never to regret, and if you sell the bike, you will regret it. I know, I sold a 1974 Honda CB750 that I had for nearly 20 years. I can't tell you where the money from that sale went, however, I can tell you that I think of that bike and all I went through on it, I think of that and regret it very often.

Be disciplined and find a way to keep it and still get married, there are many options.

Oh, one more word of wisdom... women are also a dime-a-dozen...

Well at 38 and never married, I've been the the dozen, but think it'd be much easier finding another Mona than replacing Kim. (I've had my share of women... Ok..maybe more than my share, but that's depends on who's perspecitive.)... She's the first woman that I know of and can remember behing happy to come home to.. Not "Oh great, I've gotta go home.. What excuse can I come up with to sneek out with the fellas".

dont sell her, even if you plan o getting another busa, even if you plan on getting another busa of the same year and color, it wont be your baby, i miss my old jeep yj, she was my first vehicle and i regret trading her in, even if i were to get another blue 1994 jeep yj, with a 4 banger,, same lift, same shackles, same pink shock boots,same tires on same rims, it just wouldnt be my jeep, you sound like you hae a lot of attachment to mona, and i think you should try and work it so you can keep her

Well I completely agree.. I'm a Nissan Z (all years) fanatic. And I've been through 8 of them to date. Well I remember times I've had in each of them, and each of them brought memories of good and bad. And the first one "Zanitra", I do so remember. But now that I'm in an S2000, I'm loving her as I did all my Z. (Don't know how I went from Nissan to Honda, but there it is). I don't regret it is the point..

IDK Brother..congratulations on the getting engaged part though! After I read your OP, I too was thinking sell the other bike. I parted with my first `Busa for a quad, and realy wish I would have kept it...I really didn`t HAVE to get rid of it to get the quad, and you say you have Mona all fixed up how you like it??? I think part with the other bike then you can get the latest and greatest next `Busa, and have two! But whatever you and fiance decide, things will work out.
Again Congratulations:beerchug:

Dont do it.Keep the bike and do a small wedding.Splurge on the honeymoon.Thats what we did.Intimate wedding outside and there are plenty of free nice places to get married.Congrats and hope it all works out.

Hmmmmmmmmm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, If you can't afford a bike are you sure you can afford a wife? :dunno:

Its not the wife that costs its the ex wife that costs!!!!

I think we all know what you need to do time to wh*** out the bike for cash:whistle:
Ya gotta do what ya gotta do, if it feels right to you then go for it and the hell with what everyone else says, personally i have never given up anything i cared about for a woman but my mind works in a wierd dark kinda way that differs from most. :rofl:

Its not the wife that costs its the ex wife that costs!!!!

I think we all know what you need to do time to wh*** out the bike for cash:whistle:
Ya gotta do what ya gotta do, if it feels right to you then go for it and the hell with what everyone else says, personally i have never given up anything i cared about for a woman but my mind works in a wierd dark kinda way that differs from most. :rofl:

I usually don't.. Been down that road. This one feels right. Says a lot that I'm actually trying to get married. Wasn't forced or pushed. It was what I wanted. I've had a few on the string, but never pulled the trigger because it wasn't worth it. I may give it a month or so and see..

i'll marry yall for free.:thumbs: ordained - Church Of The Self Made Wind, at your service.
i don't own a suit, and my sermon comes right out of a 91 Dyna service manual.

:hide: if ya do sell your bike you can always ride hers.

i just had an idea! :poke: sell HER bike, and keep yours! :laugh:

UPDATE!!!!

I got married March 10.. And I still have Mona... Actually was going to sale her to, and it caused my now wife to be pissed off and started a fight. So I didn't sell her. And I'm so glad I didn't. We have had some great adventures on her and recently both of us on our own bikes took an 8 hour road trip. It was awesome!

I'm happy to see you held onto your bike.

Now go place the keys on the mantle right along side your testicles! :dunno:

Back